Petty police

I've visited a few times on my way between motorway sites of interest, it didn't impress me. Like some of the rougher parts of Hampshire such as Aldershit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I hope you complained about the Police then. Can air-gun pellets be matched to individual weapons as other bullets can?

Reply to
Dave

Can you please explain where your cite proves me wrong? Amber does not mean you must stop, rather that you should stop if safe to do so.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

As I posted in another message in this thread:

I would like to point out that it can be difficult spotting people using a mobile phone while driving in a police car. Out of 6 times in a police car, each about 8 hours long, and actively looking for mobile phones being used, I saw three (all of which where dealt with appropriately by the police officer). On a single drive home in my own vehicle I saw more than 3 phones in use - it was really annoying!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan
[...]

From current HWC:

"Amber means 'Stop' at the stop line."

That seems to say that you *must* stop AFAICS.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The citation given states:

If the amber light appears you may go on only if you have already crossed the stop line or are so close to it that to stop might cause a collision.

Therefore it does not mean you MUST stop, only that you should stop if you can do so without causing a collision.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

It means that you *must* stop, unless to do so would cause a collision :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I'm also bearing in mind that you're a f****it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I can't wait to hear what neck of the woods you hail from.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

NO problem with the schools per se. You can have a truly fine comprehensive school when you have the right staff. The problems arise from incompetent teachers and incompetent teaching mostly. These factors tend to find a nice cosy home in the comprehensive system.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Hardly anthing unique to St Albans.

At least there IS some night life unlike the retarded Harpenden you lived in. A nice home for the snoozy.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore (Eeyore ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I think it's the only place I've ever actually seen ambulance crews tending to the stabbed.

A bit quiet, but not _that_ bad.

Reply to
Adrian

If you think that's bad you want to spend a few months living in S.London (actually, no, you don't!)

I like Harpenden - shame about the planes though.

Reply to
cupra

cupra (" cupra" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I did... I went to Uni in Woolwich, and lived in Eltham & Plumstead.

Heh. I moved from Harpenden to the village at the end of the runway, Breachwood Green. The planes came past my bedroom window.

Mind you, Langley (Slough) was even worse for planes...

Reply to
Adrian

As a kid I grew up in Harpenden which was fine. By age 16 or so I was looking for some activity of interest and that meant travelling further afield.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore
[...]

...and pretty much everything else as well :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan (Chris Whelan ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Gawd, yes. But after Plumstead...

Reply to
Adrian

I lived for a short period in a street in Mitcham where within a short period there was a stabbing, a shooting and frequent Police visits - apart from that it was s**te! ;)

Yep - will be down that way on Friday actually so I'll see it first hand again!

Reply to
cupra

That I can believe too!

Reply to