Petty police

Exactly.

Take Alan, for example.

Don't embarrass the man, Phil.

Reply to
ah

Exactly.

-------------------- In the world of education it is paramount that; - that which is already known, - (i.e., is the acccepted norm and in normal general use), should be expounded before all else. It's called Starting with the Basics. When you have laid the keel, then you can go forward and incorporate the more modern nuances, thus updating the whole caboodle with reliable and well-tried Truths. Encourage children to investigate modern methods but in no way should the basicically real truths be abandoned just because they are lazy and want to choose an easy way out.. The keel must always remain sacrosanct at all times or all is lost and you are left with an ignorant rabble., - capable only of earning crumbs, wholly dependant upon those who have got stuck-in thus having the knowledge to earn a decent living. Douglas Adam

------------------

Take Alan, for example.

Reply to
doug

Are you high?

Reply to
ah

ah wrote in news:474cce8a$0$40803$ snipped-for-privacy@auth.newsreader.octanews.com:

Been there, done that.

Reply to
Phil Kyle

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Why, any more than private schools? Comprehensives are guaranteed money, private schools aren't unless they keep pupils on, even thick, failing pupils.

Reply to
Phil Kyle

I`m sticking to my interpretation, because it means I`m right ;-)

Pity so many people take an amber light to mean "Put your foot down you you get through before the other lights have gone green" :-(

Reply to
Simon Finnigan
[...]

Indeed, but only in your world...

Most divers locally seem to take the red as meaning what the amber should!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

...and even some *drivers*...