Slightly OT - Insurance conundrum

Excellent. Your text is now in the correct colour. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just for info. If your insurance is due up before the end of this month, the Post Office are giving £50 cash back to new customers.

Their quotation to me was competitive anyway.

Reply to
Ratchet

================= Thanks for the reference. I had a look at 'confused.com' and it produced several lower quotes (up to £20-00 lower), but I decided to stay with NUD taking the Fully Comprehensive option just for ease of renewal.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

It seems that others disagree. - but they haven't given info as to which Companies DO allow NCD on TPFT.

Reply to
OG

budget insurance do. i had thirdparty only and my 2years ncd counted.

Reply to
aussie bongo (*_*)

Don't know about you, but I've just done a trial quote and Fully comp on budget is £321 (with MMA) and TPFT is £435 (with sabre) .

NB Budget Insurance seems to be an online broker and not an insurance company.

Reply to
OG

I think a list of those that don't would be more interesting. And take a lot less time to type up, if you could find any.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

1, budget insurance allowed my 2year ncd on third-party-only :::::::: 1994 rover 1.6sli
Reply to
aussie bongo (*_*)

Yes. Only insurance I've had with no NCB is classic car insurance. Don't have it anymore - got a better deal from Direct Line as a second car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Never met one which didn't, so I'd say the safe assumption is that they do until proven otherwise. Which ones IYE don't?

clive

Reply to
Clive George

I'm after quotes for a young inexperienced driver and Quinn Direct have come out cheapest. Now the funny thing is, if I enter the cars value from anything from £10 to £2000 the premiums are £815. But if I enter a value from £2500 to £4000 it brings the premium down to £799?

Reply to
redwood

Higher price = better condition = you look after it more, better maintained, driven carefully?

Reply to
PC Paul