Vectra Shocks or Wot ?

I have a 1999 Vectra 1.8 LS with 80,000miles on the clock. Sometimes when I go over bumps in the road there is s dull thud/ bumpy noise as if summit is in the boot. I have emptied the boot and the compartment that hold the spare tyre- no luck. Could this be that the car needs new shocks ? Is there a way of testing and assessing whether shock absorbers need to be renewed ? Any advice most gratefully received

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

There is a known problem with the rear arms on the vectra, can't remember the problem exactly, but I'm sure somebody will.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

I think it's the one when you go over bumps in the road and there is a dull thud/ bumpy noise :¬)

Reply to
Peat

...that sounds like its in the boot :-p

--=20 Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email

Colin Wilson

It's yer rear bushes I think - these cost £12.95 from AutoVaux - Phone :-

08702647855

Nik&Andy

There's a couple week points on the rear suspension. The front bush on the trailing arms is one, and also the rose joint on the hub carrier.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

In article , Nik&Andy writes

Thanks for your advice

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

This is Usenet, its free access. Choose moderated groups if your not happy and BTW its frowned on to top post.

DAve

Reply to
Dave Stanton

R. Murphy ( snipped-for-privacy@murphy9100.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sorry, supervision of your children's your responsibility. Don't try and palm it off on others.

It's a damn sight "nicer" than some of what they could be finding on the web, unsupervised.

Reply to
Adrian

Free speech on the web I say...

Andy