What An MOT Experience Today...

The message from "John" contains these words:

I'm sorry, I was under the impression it had failed on several items.

Reply to
Guy King

Have you fixed the emissions? - I very much doubt it, as you'd need a gas analyser to do that.

He was reasonably expecting that you'd need the emissions looking at before the retest - it would probably be better to pay him an hour's labour plus the retest fee and come away with a test, rather than stomping your feet like a child.

Reply to
SteveH

"Jimmy"

Yes, I changed a direction indicator bulb.

John

Reply to
John

You said in your very first post

Which is it?? He did a full cat test himself or not??

He tested the brakes, the results told him to FAIL

He tested the lights, his observations told him to FAIL

Then don't expect it to pass next time round.

I have read them all, I think its you that needs to get a grip.

Reply to
Jimmy

WOW that will really help the brake and emission fails.

Reply to
Jimmy

It means its not up to MOT standards = FAIL

From the figures supplied by the machine, in relation to the vehicle weight

So brakes are not important then? or lights that could dazzle other motorists>

Reply to
Jimmy

"Adrian"

Actually, that is incorrect. Whilst VOSA say do not let anyone repair the vehicle, this does not mean an appeal can't take place.

For example, what if I agreed (which in my case I don't) the tester was correct in some decisions but not others. The presenter has a legitimate right to appeal against any number of alleged defects which have been marked as a reason for rejection. The presenter also has a right to complain *outside* of the appeal process against the standards which have been employed by the tester.

John

Reply to
John

By refusing to test your car, he's _saved_ you 44 quid. Pretty good deal, I think.

You need to go somewhere else to get it tested. Why are you persisting with dealing with somebody you think is fiddling you?

When you do get it tested again, can you tell us what the emissions are?

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Point made then. Used to getting your own way and not having minions arguing with you.

Reply to
Conor

And of course, that's your opinion as a qualified vehicle mechanic?

But it wasn't. It MISERABLY failed the emissions test.

Reply to
Conor

FUCK YOU ARE DUMB. An MOT is a test of two things:

1) Roadworthiness 2) Compliance with environmental requirements.

For the MOT, it has not met the environmental requirement, i.e it didn't pass the emissions test.

How the f*ck you work that out?

Reply to
Conor

Got a calibrated gas analyser? If not, how did you adjust the emissions?

Reply to
Conor

I doubt he will. It sounds like a badly, as in done by a clueless moron with a £2.99 socket set, maintained pile of s**te.

Reply to
Conor

"Jimmy"

To clarify, the second test was carried out whilst he was standing at the analyser console and whilst doing this a young girl was using the vehicle controls. The first exhaust test was carried out by the girl alone.

He decided to fail the brake performance. Still fail to see your point in relation to OP.

He decided to fail certain lights for their operation. Still fail to see your point in relation to the OP.

I did, and I still do.

John

Reply to
John

"Clive George"

Clive,

When it is next tested, I will let you know what the results are. In fact, you do have a good point, in that I have saved myself from paying *this garage* another £44.00. I will have to pay a test fee again, but feel by this garage not having any further decisions to make, I have stacked the odds in my favour of obtaining a test certificate.

John

Reply to
John

John ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And then completely ignoring the appeals process.

Even though it failed.

An emissions fail as bad as yours is *nothing* to do with needing a new exhaust.

Reply to
Adrian

John ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It DOES mean that the car fails the MOT, though.

Reply to
Adrian

John ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So appeal to VOSA.

Reply to
Adrian

"Jimmy"

It does NOT mean that at all. It simply means an analyser has recorded some data at some time and the printout is a result of that.

No, from the data recorded by the tester at the time of the test and the resulting calculations he has determined in relation to efficiency from that data.

Be serious Jimmy please..!

John

Reply to
John

"Conor"

It not rocket science Conor. Think about the issue for a while before posting your reply, it might help you.

John

Reply to
John