Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Disintegrating seat foam
Hi I've recently bought an '08 Mazda 5, which I'm quite happy with. Only thing is that the drivers seat is losing its foam on the right hand side - the bit that contours upwards to accomodate your...
4
4

Fiesta X Reg Zetec S 1596cc year 2000
Heater on Fiesta X Reg Zetec S 1596cc year 2000 The Hot Cold control doesn't have any effect on heat from the heater. When the weather is hot the heater blows hot air, when the weather is cold the...
2
2

No Spare Wheel
I don't know where I've been hiding, but two friends who have bought new cars in the last few weeks/months tell me that they are no longer supplied with spare wheels, but you get an aerosol of gunge...
34
34

Strange vibration problem
In preparation for possibly taking the Alfa 75 to Austria in a couple of weeks, I've been running around in it this week to iron out any issues (it has been in my lockup for 12 months unused). I've...
14
14

Reinforced tyres?
Reinforced tyres? What's all this about? I have a Volvo C70 fitted with Pirelli P7s, and Kwik Fit (yes, I know!) are offering XL (reinforced) P7s for a few quid extra. I have no idea whether XL is a...
8
8

Nissan Micra 2005 Front Brake pad change
I've shortly got to undertake the above on my partners 1.2 Nissan Micra with ABS. Now whenever I've changed pads before(non ABS cars) I have just slowly pressed the Brake Piston back in to allow for...
5
5

Retrofit interval wiper?
I have a 98 poverty spec Peugeot 106. The rear wiper is constantly one when I select it. What I want to do is activate the wiper and have it sweep the window every 10 seconds or so, like the front...
6
6

Been offered £150 for scrap
Fiat Punto - I've been offered £150 scrap value. Is that about par for the course, or should I keep looking?
3
3

An eggsperiment with tyre pressures
The last three tanks of petrol in my Focus have been absolutely consistent at 34 mpg each with the usual 30 psi in the tyres. I've just pumped them all up to 40 psi to see what happens. Wearing the...
14
14

Is it only Fiat who make vital moving parts of the car out of plastic?
Is it only Fiat who make vital moving parts of the car out of plastic? In this particular case, it's the clutch linkage. Does anyone know what's involved in changing the clutch linkage on a 2002 reg...
12
12

Ford Focus heater control cable !
The heater hot/cold has stopped working on my 56 plate focus, took the radi= o out, and the middle control is attached to the control unit by a 3 inch m= etal wire with a plastic loop on. this has...

Coasting and saving fuel
Got my road tax renewal notice today and enclosed was a leaflet from dept of transport on how to save money driving. One tip was: 'dont coast downhill or towards the lights in neutral as this uses...
47
47

pug 206 engine fault resets trip odometer
As in subject line my 03 206 pug van occasionally has the engine warning light come on and reset the trip odometer, next trip it has cleared. She's got 225k on the normal odometer and I'm too tight to...
2
2

Saab 93 "blown turbo"?
My daughter has an old ("T" plate) Saab 93 which recently produced a brief puff of blue smoke from the exhaust. It only lasted a moment or two and then disappeared. It's happened on two or three...
4
4

Cheap oil at Tesco
The Inverurie branch was doing Carlube Triple R 5/30 semi synthetic suitable for Zetecs and the like for £5 for 4 litres today! That's cheaper than petrol for god's sake. No idea if that's a country...