Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Corsa C fuel filter pipe joints?
Hi All, Daughters 01 Corsa C (175k) had a fuel smell / leak and it turned out to be the joints where the fuel pipe joins the fuel filter (by the fuel tank). Mate in the garage felt he had sorted it...
17
17

Tight brake pad
Hi Rover 25 I smelt an over-heating front nearside brake on parking up on Saturday morning, though after several stops to check, completed a 50 miles trip with no problems. Not happy though, I had the...
29
29

Number Plates
I need to replace mine - what's all this with 'legal styled' and 'legal': recommendations? Thanks, Rob
12
12

Mouldy carpet in car boot
My 98 Peugeot 106 has a condensation problem in the boot. The carpet smells of mould! I wonder if drilling a series of holes in the ribbed steel floor would help it breathe, or cause more issues?...
2
2

Paging Mr Cheerful
Any luck with the HIF carb hunt?
5
5

Tyre balancing
Back in'th day when men were men and whippets were frightened and kept their tails tucked between their legs for safety I used to find that front tyre balancing was fairly critical on my old rwd cars...
34
34

Zafira 1.9TDH EGR valve
Had the emission warning light and code 04005A come up a couple of weeks ago, and drove for 150 miles or so like that. The car has 40k miles on the clock. Cleaned the EGR valve (what a filthy job)...
6
6

Snail mucus on headling of my BMW 335d
I recently took a load of garden waste to the dump (now that my council has= stopped free collections). A few hours after the trip, I noticed some trai= ls on the headlining of the car. A rogue snail...
5
5

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - not starting, immobiliser?
Does anyone have any bright ideas on the causes of a JGC refusing to start? My wife is "some distance away" and has told me that when she got back to the car the battery was flat. She got a jump start...
1
1

Mondeo alarm
There are only two options, try it. neither will hurt the alarm. First logical try would be: Disconnect and insulate the wire, most bonnet switches connect when the bonnet opens.
4
4

Commercial camera pinout connections
I have a commercial camera + LCD display package and what I am trying to do is use just the camera part, with my double din unit which includes an LCD display all ready to accept a reversing camera...
13
13

MAF reading g/s
My Autel OBD diagnostics unit reports its MAF reading as nn.nn g/s. Is anyone able to tell me what the g/s means please? My best idea idea so far is gallons of air per second, but 17.23 seems rather a...
6
6

ECUs
From another place; MESL TAG 320 MS 5.5 Innovo open ecu M1 (various)

Bleeding brakes
My trusty focus is due a brake fluid change. I bought a gunson eezibleeder from halfords one of those one man kits.. many good reviews. I was just wondering having never touched a bleed nipple if this...
18
18

Focus Towbar Fitting (Electrics)
Hi I have a 2008 mk2.5 Focus Saloon. I have been fortunate enough to be given a small box trailer :-) I now need a towbar and electrics. I have had a quick look at actually fitting the towbar itself...
2
2