Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Draper Valve Spring Compressor Instruction Manual Written Over
Both the valve stem seals and HG have gone on my Punto MK-II (8v 1.2l). As I have a spare car at the moment I thought I'd tackle the job myself. Most out of interest to be honest. I've bought a Draper...
23
23

MONDEO temp sensor
or the plug has fallen off or corroded
8
8

Transit-sized vans
Looking for a van the size of a SWB low-roof Transit since my present wagon is showing signs of terminal decrepitude. I had a look at a VW Transporter and a Merc Vito this morning. I've seen a lot of...
35
35

Burbling water sound when engine revs on Astra LS estate + lumpy engine
Fill up the coolant to the max level and run the car with the cap off to the garage. If it's a fair distance, take a few litres of water with you and stop every few miles and check the level. Keep an...
8
8

Servicing in Milton Keynes
Thought I'd ask for recommendations from the 'hands-on' experts. I need some recommendations for places to use and equally for those to avoid in Milton Keynes for car servicing. The car is a Peugeot...

Mobile dent removers?
My car has acquired a "ding" on the door while parked (I suspect someone came a bit close and rubbed it with a door mirror). I'm wondering about trying one of these outfits that claim to fix such...
2
2

Scrapping Sierra
I'm scrapping my old Sierra (1990 LX) and got most off it as spares for my other Sierra, but can't see on first glance how to remove bumpers. All the lights have been removed at the front so got acres...
8
8

"Buzzing" vibration in Ford Mondeo
Hi, I have a 2005 Mondeo 115 TDCi LX hatchback and its recently developed a loud "buzzing" vibration. The vibration starts at around 35mph and gets worse as speed increases. It does not seem to be...
1
1

MOT Question (It Failed)
Hi, We took our four-year-old Pergeot 307 in for its MOT yesterday and it has failed, despite the fact that we still have just under a month to run on the old MOT the tester rekons that this is now...
38
38

5 Common Questions Answered about GPS Tracking System
What is a GPS Vehicle Tracking System? A GPS vehicle tracking system consists of a small device that is installed in a vehicle that emits signals that can be picked up and followed by someone outside...

Work on it or not
An elderly relative has just given me a an Austin Mini 1000 City E, First Registered in April 1986 and with only Nineteen Thousand miles on it. This is genuine since it comes with old MOTs. Only one...
32
32

Cars and that.....
.....cars, eh? Bleedin marvellous invention, innit.

Suspension corrosion help needed...
Hi, Just had an MOT failure due to: Nearside front/Offside rear suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2) Does anyone know if this is a major job and costly? The...
17
17

Estimated Life Expectancy...
My 1991 Mazda 323F has developed a very 'notchy' feeling when going round tight bends. No nasty noises, just a definite lumpiness through the steering wheel. I'm assuming it's a CV joint Any idea how...
5
5

Honda Accord 02 Shimmy/wobble under acceleration
Hi, I am new to newsgroups so please point me in the right direction if this is not appropriate for this group; I have a 52 plate Honda Accord (manual) with 105k on the clock. When you accelerate from...
7
7