Top down, windows up. Uuughhh

Let me rephrase that. I don't like to get into a hot leather seat! I've had both and my personal opinion is always buy cloth in hot climates.

Reply to
johnnya

Aha! A closet top-up driver! Probably never drove with the top down in his life.

Not smart to betray yourself like this...

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Well, I did just get around to taking the hard top off the car, but the top is down plenty.

Eh, I've always been pretty open about the fact that I bought the Miata because of the handling, not because the top went down. If it's pleasant out and I'm going to be in the car for more than five minutes, I'll put the top down.

I'm definitely not the kind of guy that puts it down in February or even March. Or, for that matter, if the temperature is over the mid-80s and I'm not on the highway.

Reply to
tooloud

On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:16:11 GMT, "Nora" wrote in news:vCrlc.6211$ snipped-for-privacy@charlie.risq.qc.ca:

Nora, I blame you. I now have a very irritated cat. I have been searching him for an hour now and I can't find the switch.

:)

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.

Absolutely. Leather in winter here is cold and slippery in the twisties, and in summer it's wet and slippery in the twisties. I'd rather have the grip of cloth any time.

And the top is down every time it's humanly possible. The only time it was sunny and the top up was in Death Valley in July at noon on a cool day of

115F, and even then it was the SO who wanted it up.

Dave, that cat's switch must be one of the concealed ones. Check the openings at both ends...

Reply to
Nora