Radio connections on 87 Mercedes 200

I've just bought an 1987 model 200.

I intend to replace the existing Blaupunkt cassette player with a CD player.

Can anyone tell me what sort of connectors the Mercedes will have?

Will I be able to plug a new 2 plug (DIN?) aftermarket CD player directly into the Mercedes or will I have to wire it myself to the existing cabling?

Reply to
wildweasel

no DIN plug!

A mercedes type plug with hot 12V and ground.

antenna cable

and two speaker wires, depending on option, with a fader for back speakers. nevertheless..there will be only 2 original wires for left and right, since the fader does the front and back action (if equipped) if not cut of...they have the plug with a round pin (+) and a flat pin (-) (but the blaupunkt radio you mentioned uses these...so they probably will still be there)

if you want to put in a high quality system..you might wanna throw out the fader...those don't really go with new systems,

just run two sets of speaker wires from radio to fader....only couple of inches... and diretly connect one set to front and one set to back wire pairs.. and leave fader in place for covering the cutout

good luck and happy new year

alex

"wildweasel" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to