Clutch problems

Opinions needed....

The 205's clutch is playing up. For the last few weeks there's been some notable resistance when you push the clutch pedal down - almost as if it get's snagged on something and then breaks free. I drove the car today and I noticed it had got a bit worse. Tried it with the engine off and you could hear a nastly bang come from the gearbox as the release arm moved. Does that sound like a shagged release bearing?

If so I know what I'll be doing this weekend! Bastard car.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I thought I'd try a bit of a bodge first - so took the gearbox bottom cover off and randomly sprayed WD40 all over the insides of the clutch housing (obviously away from the clutch itself). Clutch operation now nice and smooth :) It'll do for now!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs