Done a new Golf GTi in the traffic light Grand Prix!

Even a Civic was faster than the Impreza.

Reply to
Depresion

Nicely snipped just before he tells us it was s**te on the road.

Also, the bug-eye MkIIs were probably the worst Impreza Turbo ever sold in the UK - MkIs were much better.

Reply to
SteveH

I seem to be getting the same effects in the Rover. Makes a change to people laughing at me :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

IIRC the Primera was the fastest car up the hill at this years Goodwood FOS, beating all the super/hyper cars, rally cars, formula 1 cars etc etc. So I think you may be right :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

And what has that got to do with the fact you were wrong?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Any car is a pig to drive in a pot hole. And it's widely known that the diff in the press RS cars are different from the road going ones.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I was wrong about the Impreza being quicker on that particular track, yes.

I wasn't wrong about the Impreza being a better / quicker car on the road, where the Focus has a mind of it's own.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

It is?

Or perhaps it's just something put around by Ford fanboys to justify the RS being a heap of s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

Nobody bought an Alfa Romeo 75 then? :)

Reply to
DervMan

To be fair, the only person to mention 0-60mph times is you, them goalposts getting heavy Steve ? ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

0-60 is a fair measure of the 'traffic light GP'.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Harldy. A YB Turbo is based on a Pinto 205 block.

Reply to
Conor

You're full of shit. Still.

Reply to
Conor

I'm not for a second suggesting a Crapi would be even within sight of the VFR after a few seconds (I owned a VFR for over a year, and for almost 2 glorious weeks, an RC30), but 0-60 is probably as biased on the bikes side as you can get, and lets face it, even a level playing field isn't gonna be very level ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

OK, should we throw in 0-140? - bike wins.

30-50, 30-70, 70-120?

A few bends?

Traffic?

Bike still wins over a Crapi.

Reply to
SteveH

Care to show me evidence of a bog-standard, good condition Crapi making "a grand more than the 75 is worth"?

Oh, you can't.

Because they're not worth that much.

Oh, and that last example.

Bidder 10 is shilling it up.

Reply to
SteveH

The Honda RC45 World Superbike used essentially the same engine as the VFR800. But that doesn't make them even closely related in reality.

Reply to
SteveH

I thought Goodwood had a hillclimb - not a nav rally.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I already have. People like old Fords more than they do Italian sheds with dodgy electrics. Get over it.

Reply to
Conor

Not with a bike...

Reply to