Done a new Golf GTi in the traffic light Grand Prix!

Off the mark, wet road, left it for dead. he he..

No disrespect to Golf's they're bloody quick when rolling!

Reply to
Me

I did a nearly new 325Ci on the way back from Rockingham - he was more impressed than I was heh. When I back off and he got alongside, he was laughing and gave me a thumbs up :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I always give a thumbs up afterwards too, what the hell, it's only a bit of fun!

Those Clio V6's must be damn quick, a 172 caught me napping the other day and by christ, I STRUGGLED to catch him up :-)

Reply to
Me

I seem to recall being ridiculed at some point when pointing out that the WRX was just a baby Impreza. Remind me again why that was... :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I can beat em in my Capri. They're too lardy.

Reply to
Conor

Are you 14?

Reply to
SteveH

I overtook a Lamborghini Diablo once a few years back.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Was you walking by as it was stuck on a red light :-P

Reply to
Matt

No, I was thundering past in my Diesel Peugeot 205 in the outside lane of a Dual Carrigeway while it was in the slower traffic waiting to turn off.

Go on, someone tell me "He wasn't trying".

Reply to
Douglas Payne

My German Diesel Overweight Luxo Barge with it's Slush-O-Matic gearbox beats most drivers in most golf GTis..

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Beat a 911 up Birk Brow in my Zafira, just after I got it.

Reply to
Abo

Come on steve, we've all done it when having a play.

Reply to
Elder

We may have all done it - but it was the childish way in which it was announced that reminded me that school holidays have just kicked off today, so we're in for a summer of teenage dreamers.

Just checked on 'Me' - he would appear to drive an Impreza WRX, so it's nothing to should about, really.

Reply to
SteveH

I've passed lots of 911's in my 185,000 mile Pug 405 Diesel Estate, usually on a roundabout.

The majority of stuff that ever seems to pass me or I have to work hard to catch are other Peugeots.

Apparently I'm told, it's not the car but I don't know what they mean. :-)

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Crawford

He wasn't trying :)

Reply to
Matt

You're wrong, my car was the fastest on the planet.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Overtook a passat on a single carriageway road in an LDV minibus...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah right, next you'll be telling us you were chasing down a Primera at the time.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

We all know that P10 Primulas are the fastest car in the whole world, ever.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH