Evening all, need a favour pls !

The power supply on my PC has decided to die on me, managed to borrow a computer for 10 mins to have a quick look but I won't be able to respond to/read any follow-ups to this post until my own machine is working again...

Was just wondering if anyone knows a decent place I can get an ATX power supply from, or could have a look for me if they get a bit of spare time tonight or tomorrow daytime.

Looking for something cheap (cheap is always good), 350W minimum, pref

400. if anyone knows of anything I'd be grateful if you could e-mail me a few details to (company name, telephone number, spec, price, etc) to phil[dot]w[at]3mail[dot]com (I'll be able to read that as it will go straight to my phone).

Google has just pulled this one in;

Seems pretty good at 15 quid for a 400W unit, but I've never of them before and it seems a bit /too/ cheap (Scan wanted £32 for a 350). Looks to be part of Watford Electronics tho, which rings a bell... any comments/opinions ?

Don't forget to send any responses/thoughts to the e-mail address above or I won't be able to read them :)

Cheers, TIA, etc :)

Reply to
Lordy

Check the fuse, inside the PSU normally that blows, do the ole tin foil trick and whack it back in, all psu's have a fuse inside

Ron

Reply to
Ron

err I wouldnt recommend that.

try

next day delivery, very reliable, used them many times

buying a cheap psu with a high output is not a good idea, they dont last very long, spend at least £20.

Reply to
Theo

the qtec ones are very good for the price m8

Reply to
Jason o'connor

Agreed - I run one of the 550w units, and I've been very pleased with it. Way overkill for a normal system though :)

Reply to
Nom

Isn't it noisy ?

-- Lordy

Reply to
Lordy

It was. But then I replaced the two fans with a pair of Silent "NMB"jobbies from

:)

Reply to
Nom