Fiat Sceicento Sporting

Aye - but if it were in silver, red, black, white, ordinary blue... it doesn't have the same effect.

No, I'm unconvinced. I think it looks great from some angles, but bloated from others. The more I look at the more I appreciate some of the detailing.

It looks like a Focus, though. As for the drive, it manages everything that the old Focus did in the handling stakes* but with a better ride, model for model (oh, more room, even quieter, better equipment, so on and so forth).

Some models have funky steering, which isn't supposed to be as handy in terms of feedback. The 2.0 TDCi has funky steering and the 1.6 TDCi has the same set up (as used by the Ka). I'd take the 1.6 for different reasons other than the steering (it's quieter, it's more economical and it's cheaper).

Don't believe everything that Top Gear say, heh! :)

*In my hands. Perhaps a rally driver would say different.

My point was in the driving stakes. The mark five Golf is an exceptional machine and it competed against the previous generation Focus, taking points from the Ford.

The new Focus swamps the Golf with brilliance...

I wish. 15K commute, 15K "funky where does this road go to" driving. We're at 71K right now. This time next year we'll be at the 100K point.

Reply to
DervMan

Really? I wanted to dislike it. But found out that the improvements they've made work.

The salesman told me about how it had a "revolutionary control blade rear suspension layout," to which I coughed "Focus" at him, heh. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Full leather interior?

Reply to
DervMan

That's right, but I'm referring to the expectation of the audience / drivers. Not the badge itself. VW then Peugeot made it clear that GTI meant back road thrasher. Part of me still thinks that GTI drivers need to be beaten if they insist on using motorways.

The image.

Reply to
DervMan

Yup... it's a 54 reg, whatever the top of the range was last year.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

And the rigidity.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah, it's great for that sort of thing :) It wasn't the Kilham --> Driffield road by any chance ?

Reply to
Nom

I did :)

Compared to a luxobarge, they're all horrible :)

Reply to
Nom

But you're the most narrow-minded man EVER !

"broader range of tastes" ? "bit of variety ?"

Do you like ANYTHING that isn't Italian ?

Reply to
Nom

He likes boring VW saloon cars.

Reply to
Pete M

Erm, which is actually the proper way to have a decent audio system.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It did.

They did.

I didn't wish to.

I'm sure they do, but the rest of package is inadequate.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

True, but the fact that Alfa produce cars in that colour at least makes cars in *that* colour special. And they're not an ugly car, and supposedly nice to drive. And full of soul, and everything else Steve'll tell you.... ;-)

You're weird. But we knew that already. :)

I'd take the 2.0TDCI all day long, as the way it'd get driven by me, it'd be more economical than the 1.6 :-)

Better get in a few more trips abroad then....

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

He did.

And then the cloud cover of the 156, came into view...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yes, these car manufacturers all have it wrong, with the tendency on some models, to increase the number of speakers in a car, the higher up the spec sheet it is...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

But he only used that for work once, and didn't like the revvy engine.

Which is so wonderful it burns oil, or summet, i don't really understand that part :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I beleive the word is empirical.

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)

Road Trip 2006: Turkey.

Reply to
DervMan

Yes. You want better quality speakers in the front.

Reply to
DervMan

Heh.

Reply to