Fiat Sceicento Sporting

Wimp. You are missing out on some cracking classic drives as well.

Reply to
Depresion

And while you're waiting for that to happen you can look out of the window at the changing scenery, as glaciers come and go and species evolve.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well, eventually, say over a week or so.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don't disagree with you there - the Vauxhall 1300 OHC engines were a bloody good engine - loads more power than the 1200 OHV, and only a small step down, in power terms, from the 1600. I never had any starting problems with my Ford CVHs though.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Exactly what ?

That You can cane it to within an inch of it's life and still not be speeding ?

Oh what fun.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Did you have that lovely CVH sound, though? Any that had done more than

50,000 miles sounded like a bag of nails in a washing machine. The hydraulic lifters weren't the best!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Trains especially, a couple of dirty looks if you spark up a fat 'un, but not been kicked off one yet :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

But it IS. It's all about speed, it's the whole package.

Reply to
T.

It's _not_ all about speed, rather.

Reply to
T.

Or lack thereof.

That's just something people with slow cars say...

Ah, I see.

Only problem is, the rest of the package is a tinfoil shitbox that everybody laughs at.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I would, but I wouldn't pick something with heavy steering.

Some cars have the donk elsewhere but over the front wheels... :)

I'd not for my daily driver, but I'd not need it on something like an Elise TDCi.

Reply to
DervMan

Hehehehe I'm glad somebody spotted it!

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, granted, but the fact that they at least did self adjust to some extent meant that, for the ones I had, they certainly idled a lot better than the 1.1 OHV models I had.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I was talking to a bloke fitting a TT 1.8t engine to his Elise apparently there are kits now to make it easy, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to use the VAG

1.9tdi in it's place.
Reply to
Depresion

Don't see the point in PAS on a Ka unless you're a frail old granny. All it does is rob you of bhp.

Reply to
SteveH

Well even if it was, I've got a Panda 1000s, and a Volvo 240 estate in my GT4 fleet, never mind other assorted old s**te I can't be bothered to reel off...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Much, *much* quicker rack in the PAS Ka.

It's like owning a narrowbody 155 and thinking it's as good as a widebody one, saying Ka's without power are crap.

Reply to
Pete M

It's only the same as as the Lampredi lump, except the Ka one passes emissions regs.

Heh, it's a four wheeled Baby Spice.

Lol

Reply to
Pete M

Same *age*, maybe, but the Lampredi was hugely advanced for it's era.

I'm sure they could get a Lampredi through emissions, but it's not worth the effort as the turbo 5 potter is capable of much bigger outputs.

Reply to
SteveH

So you've not tried it then?

2.5 turns lock to lock and decent feedback.

Bosh.

Reply to
DervMan