LPG

Yus, as a former anaemic I'm fortunate in that I love the stuff. No slicing it thinly tho, I just drop the chunks straight in a frying pan :)

Reply to
Lordy

This is a good thing seeing as beef is the worst meat available as far as taste goes...

Reply to
Lordy

In article , snipped-for-privacy@recycle.bin spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Do it too thick, and you need to cook it too long, and you might as well be stewing old army boots.

Nice and thin, with some chunky smoked bacon, and some onions, flavours the gravy loverly.

If you are feeling brave you can chuck in half a bottle of guiness. Serve it with a big pile of steamed cabbage, and some smooth mashed spuds.

Make loads up, and freeze it lasts for months.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Nope.

If "one end is London at peak periods", then you're distorting the choice somewhat ! Seeing as you cannot actually drive anywhere in "London at peak periods" then you're already eliminating your car.

I wouldn't know. In my experience, journey-by-bus takes about three times longer than journey-by-car.

Nope.

I'd prefer to drive my car for a few minutes, rather than sit on a bus for a few hours, or walk for 3-4 days solid.

Reply to
Nom

Noooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Nom

Your thinking of heavily farmed supermarket beef.

I've tried some organic beef, properly hung after slaughter. That is so full of flavour it will scare you. So rich and tasty. Absolutley wonderful.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

ROFL - don't you just love a bit of trolling :)

Reply to
Nom

Keep waving bacon sanies arround. She will break.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but the fuel in your car is burned as part of the combustion process. If your CNG car is releasing methane into the atmosphere, then it's broken :)

Reply to
Nom

So as well as getting fitter, you've reduced the distance of your commute too. Effectively you've done what Connor asked and are working closer to home, just by walking.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Poppycock !

It happens to be one of my favourites :)

Reply to
Nom

Not quite.

Combustion is not quite complete on the figures I saw, comparing CNG & LPG. The CNG engines release slightly more unburned HC into the atmosphere than an LPG engine.

It's not releasing it in any great way, but it's still releasing _some_

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

I'm thinking of any beef I've tried or had prepared for me (my brother is (well, was) a chef), Part of my work is in the catering trade also. Beef is too difficult to get right, and when you do it wasn't really worth the effort :)

Reply to
Lordy

Heh! :)

I suppose when one thinks of it another way, if it takes me 30 minutes to cover 2.5 miles, that's cool, since if I drove it would be 3.1 miles . . . so my _effective_ walking speed is just over 6 mph. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I know we have all the problems with BSE, and now Toxo-plasmosis, but Beef should be very rare.

I like my Steaks blue. Sign of a good chef if they know what that is.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

"Wipe it's arse & nose & bring it on a plate?"

Not quite to my taste, I have to say, but what the hell!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Cauliflower is great stuff. The sprouts I eat are nice, but that's because they come off the field not long before they're eaten. Most of the sprouts you buy, particularly at christmas have been sitting around in cold stores for a good while, hence the rank taste.

Reply to
Doki

LOL, yep, that just about covers it :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yep, not a huge fan of sprouts at all, but the missus loves it.

Cauliflower is nice steamed so that it has a little crunch left in it, with a little sprinkling of vinigar on it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

"Light a candle, wave the steak over it , then put it on the plate"

Reply to
marc