LPG conversion - chicken and egg runaround

That's "its" exciting side.

HTH.

:-)

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Crossposted to alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe (yes, really)

HTH^2

Reply to
PCPaul

On the other hand, being behind it in a jam with 15' flames from the exhaust is probably even less fun!

The real trouble with having a car like that to commute to work is that I'd keep forgetting to actually arrive...

Reply to
PCPaul

LOL - you missed the irony in my post then....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Nope, just amplifying it... and pointing out the way I always remember which is which (!)

Reply to
PCPaul

Irony?

Seams as though you're pressing the issue.

Reply to
Mack A. Damia

I wasn't :-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Or possibly testing his metal.

Reply to
Chika

Yeah, you're right - I was a c*ck for feeling the need to point it out, thinking about it.

Now, need to go and do some ironing....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

It exists. Holy shit you're not lying.

Reply to
DanB

8^D
Reply to
PCPaul

Essential for recognition amongst the top brass of apinha.

Reply to
James Farrar

Aha! You are really Colonel Jack O'Neill of the SGC, and I claim my reward.

Now, don't try to steel this thread from us.

Ah yes, the Portoguese version of this froup...

Reply to
John M Ward

[Waves like Christopher Eccleston] "Hello!"

Like the Vorlon, we have always been here...

Reply to
John M Ward

I loathe it. 944's drive ok, but even a 600hp one isn't a car I'd want to own.

My old Cosworth had over 500hp and had over £20k spent on it to make it faster etc. It was quicker than a 911 turbo. I'd still take the 911 turbo instead of the Cosworth, /because it's a 911 turbo/.

I love 911s, I love everything about them (apart from the clutch on the early ones), they're brilliant.

944s may well be more competant and easier to drive, cheaper to mod, faster round the Nurburgring if you spend 20k on them, etc etc etc but they're still 944's.

You know when a car just does absolutely nothing for you, when you look at it and you know it's not a bad car, but you'd never ever consider buying one just because no matter how good it may be it isn't the car for you? For me, that car is the 944. I've never wanted one even slightly, even after driving one for a few hundred miles on the perfect roads for it I didn't want one. Not even a twitch, nothing. One of the few non-Japanese cars that I consider to be white goods.

I'd never think that about a 911.

Reply to
Pete M

Since late 1996 or early 1997, I do believe.

Reply to
Mr. Marmite

Oh, much longer than that. Founder members of this group went back in time in Babylon 4 to introduce the apostrophe into the English language, way back in history.

This is why they no longer post here, though I believe Mr de Wylfin has since returned and is doing something nowadays -- though I suspect that is simply to avoid drawing attention to his part in this plan...

Reply to
John M Ward

[Waves back]

Oh lookie what we have here:

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

[Waves back]

Oh lookie what we have here:

TBH as short-sighted it is for a councillor to say that, he is only saying what a lot of people think...

Reply to
DanB

Well, I was replying to someone elses post - in uk.rec.cars.mods - which contained the link to the story. It wasn't a story I was previously aware of - probably because it's pretty uninteresting.

I must confess I didn't read the rest of your post, no idea what group you're in, or what the story is here with this 'John Ward' dude, but it has the feeling of one of those never ending Usenet arguments/flame wars, which is why I suspect there is a lot of random groups in tow here, and isn't something I wish to trouble myself with :-)

Reply to
DanB