My eyes!

Spotted today:

Spotted in Melksham being driven by some middle aged inbred pikey taking his inbred mother shopping.

Reply to
SteveH

I wonder if he made it like that himself or if, like my mother in law, he bought a pikeymobile because it was cheap? MiL bought a Renault 5 Gordini Turbo with every chav accessory in the catalogue added. It's horrible, but she only paid pennies for it because no one else would buy it and the boy racer who owned it couldn't afford the insurance (For him they wanted over 3K pa. For her SAGA want a premium of £100 fully comp.)

So she's happy and she says she doesn't care what the other old dears down at the old people's dance club think. She got stopped a few times by plod, not that she was doing anything wrong, just an automatic plod reaction to a KevCar. I think the policemen were startled to find that the car was being driven by a diminutive, stick-like, blue rinse fairy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I followed this for 10 miles or so this afternoon down the A64 at a 'making progress' pace. It sounded rather awesome.

(Warning worst photo ever - phone seemed to scale it for some reason...)

Iridium

Ah. Somerfield's carpark. A delightful glass strewn Nova-monkey haunt if there ever was one. Did you check out the state of the bollards and other street furniture there? It does tell a tale of bravery overcoming skill.....of these lads showing off on the weekends in their poor handling pieces of chav'd up s**te.

JB

Reply to
JB

I try and spend as little time as possible in Melksham. Hate the place, the store is dark, old and depressing.

I *really* hope we decide it's not profitable to operate from there.

I'll look out for the bollards next time I'm there.

Reply to
SteveH

Mmmm, sex on a stick.

Always did like Kahn RSRs, although obviously those particular ones are about three inches too small a diameter (and also probably imitations).

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Is that seriously so bad you can be bothered to put it up on the web? Round my way there's a later orion (rounded shape, MK4?) with a bonnet scoop. Thing is, it's a blue orion, but the bonnet, scoop, driver's door and boot (with spoiler) are all from a red orion... It's been like it for a good few months now...

Reply to
Doki

%steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote in news:1hx31sf.1kojrpb1b4v50hN%% steve%@malloc.co.uk:

You'll have to teach her to say "It's mine, innit" :-)

Reply to
Tunku

REPOST from the BarryBoys website, but they left a flyer on it.

Reply to
Clark

I guess that's why you binned Bridgewater? (a long way for me to get to Yoevil!)

Reply to
cupra

Yup.

Our stuff doesn't sell in pikey areas ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Funny, because that's exactly the market they go for in Germany. Right up there with Aldi and Lidl. Upmarket is Hertie and Karschhaus.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It is funny, yes, but that's the state of the German grocery market.

Most people shop at places we consider to be 'pikey' in the UK.

Reply to
SteveH

I think you will find that Germans consider them to be pikey as well.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Which is obviously why the discounters have by far the largest market share over there.

Reply to
SteveH

Funnily enough, that classification seems to agree with most of our visitors perceptions! (you have to travel through to get on the A39 unless you want a looooong detour....)

A while ago I was thinking of writing to you (Company) suggesting Taunton......

Reply to
cupra

I recognise that spot...

Reply to