Offer 2 On the R5 :o|

Agreed, worth 2k if its as good as the pics have us believe

Reply to
Chet

Its a 525! It not meant to be anything other than boring!

Reply to
Chet

true. sub 200Bhp in something that size....Nah.

I'd have a 325 though.

Reply to
Mason

Didn't see the pics - is it the mid engined mutha?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

OOhhhhh no that'd be worth circa 30k!!!

It's just a slightly prettied up limited edition R5 turbo mate :o)

nice and tidy, standard bodywork bit of engine work.

Reply to
Mason

Ahhh right - yeah, the French equivalent to an Uno Turbo. No thanks...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Do you actually know the first thing about cars? - or are you some spotty school kid living out his fantasy garage in here?

Reply to
SteveH

Oh, most of my cars, I regard as worthless... ;-)

Can you show me the pictures again (too lazy to search out the URLs).

Any idea what happened to the wheels, or know of any for sale elsewhere?

Reply to
JackH

I think the question is do you?

Renault made a Few, very few silly mid engined widebodied renault 5's. find one and your sitting on a fortune.

Masno

Reply to
Mason

Now STFU and stop suggesting I dont know what i'm on about at every possible turn.

Mason

This fortune being the one that's a third of the price you quoted, then.

I was sure you were wrong, so checked out a price guide.

Condition 1: £10k Condition 2: £ 5k Condition 3: £ 2k

You seem to have an over-inflated opinion of the values of shitty French rot-boxes.

Reply to
SteveH

sorry but thats complete bollocks. which model R5 did you check the value for exactly?

Mason

Reply to
Mason

I'll dig up the pics when not so busy ;o)

The wheels were not with the car when I brought it. I've seen the odd set crop up on e-bay. they tend to fetch around £250. I've never had the spare £££ when some come up :o(

MAson

Reply to
Mason

*shakes head*

Now that's something different again. That's a competition car with a known pedigree having been driven to a championship win by a fairly famous driver.

A standard, road-going Turbo 2 is worth £10k maximum.

Reply to
SteveH

No, that's the value for a road-going R5 Turbo 2.

Reply to
SteveH

ROFLMAO (again... this is getting silly)

hey look Mason - this Renault is $130,000 and never won anything

Quite fancy this though

Tim S Kemp

That's a shame, as they really do suit them - I suppose you could have a standard set sprayed to match (believe they're essentially the same, bar the obvious colour change).

Reply to
JackH

"JackH" wrote in >> The wheels were not with the car when I brought it. I've seen the odd set

i'm a stickler for detail. I'd want official raider wheels.

I know what you mean though

Reply to
Mason

Yes - pretty well all older ones. Modern ones have VANOS - variable valve timing, and are much, much better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It changed round about '91 with the twin cam engine. They left out the large engine, as it was about to be replaced with the V-8. Sadly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)