(ot) FAO ADSL users.

It was "crap", and one of the best speeches ever!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Dymo label under the keyboard seems to be the favourite of a more interesting client of mine.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

More. Which is something Plusnet is unlikely to get unless it gains image and confidence.

Bigger than Karoo (c. 17000 ADSL connections).

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

we're getting between 100 and 200 ADSL signups a day still. not bad considering the current "image problem" and the fact it;s the runup to xmas.

4 times larger then.
Reply to
Mason

Oh look Ronny's lost the plot again.

You're the one with the physical violence fascination Ronny, you're the one with the libellous gob. You can dance around until I tell you to sit down.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don't think his shareholders held the same view within a few months, mind... ;-)

Reply to
JackH

I have not Kill-Filed anyone, I have added you to my block senders list on my work PC, but alas I didnt here at home, I will now though.

Reply to
Ronny

I give up, this thread is long enough.

Reply to
Ronny

no but the rest of the business community was laughing, publicly or privately.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Your pants are on fire Ronny.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You guys are getting sadder and sadder by the day,

Reply to
Ronny

and you've still not emailed me what I needed the other day!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The fruit and veg stall on the my local market has ~40k customers - does that make the fruit and veg stall a large company ?

Plusnet is a small ISP. BTow is a large ISP. Demon is a large ISP Wanadoo is a large ISP AOL (yuk) is a large ISP Pipex is a large ISP

A friend of mine went for interview at plusnet a few months back and remarked what a nice small office it was.

Small companies often run close to the edge. Plusnet is running close to the edge if they are needing to cut costs this close to Christmas - especially if they are having 100-200 new customers a day!

Wonder if your Christmas bonus is cut or cancelled this year... you had confirmation on your bonus yet Mason ?

Trouble is you see, small companies wanting to play with the big boys is all well and good - but the big boys have the infrastructure to cope with it. Plusnet need to spend money to make more money - just pushing more customers into the same area is not going to work.

To Quote adslguide.org.uk

Pipex use : 21x155mb, 4x622mb with 4x622mb on order Plusnet use: 10x155mb + 1x310mb

Small ISP.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

By making the cuts on the users that they have they have created them selves a nice section of extra bandwidth for next to nothing that they can now sell to these new customers.

Reply to
Depresion

Email me, I'll reply

Reply to
Ronny

it's not about cost cutting.

I get a bonus every month, xmas bonus will be no different. in fact i got a £100 pound extra bonus last month.

sorry thats totally absolutely wrong :o)

we have much more bandwidth than that including another 622Mb pipe not yet activated in fact it may be more.

we're not as big as pipex but we are in direct competition with them

Reply to
Mason

What, 2 hrs pay ;-)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

it's money for nothing....i dont see your issue.

Reply to
Mason

Quite possibly ! If you don't like it, then take it up with them and the ASA :)

Reply to
Nom

I think the point is that £100 bonus is nothing special. It is infact ~2hrs wages for a decent contractor (which is why I find it funny when people offer to buy me a pint to sort out all their computer problems)