(ot) FAO ADSL users.

Ronny, get on the phone to your solicitor - Steve's just accused you of having a small and deformed willy.

Unless of course, it's true, LOL.

Steve, unless you've actually seen Ronny's willy, I'd take that back with immediate effect or expect a libel case.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

lol.

Gotta love contracting.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Actually

is the website address. Plus.net ismerely a domain name. You would of course know that - being an ITManager and small web devr.

Perhaps you should correct your anal attitude in everything but spelling. As you do not know me, you are underestimating how anal I can actually be. if you think I will get bored correcting you - you are totally mistaken. It keeps me entertained during dull times.

... and using a totally incorrect phonetically identical word...

You can google for me all you want btw, if it makes you happy.

Take your own advice.

Now, go stick your head in a pig. (Notice that was your and not you're)

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

And the majority of other users who are paying £30-£60 a month and only downloading say 10GB are offsetting that cost. I pay for a top notch service which is uncapped but I reckon that I transfer a couple fo Gig at most. I got mine for the speed, not the amount I can download. I accept other users are perma-downloading though and as long as it doesn't affect my speed I couldn't give a toss.

Reply to
Conor

First month on 3, moving from Orange. As you know, I drive all over the UK. I have never had a dropped call however I have not had a call whilst going from a 3G to 2G area and that is probably where alot of dropped calls occur. I'm using a LG u8120 although my friend who had a NEC 616 did suffer dropped calls in the same areas. I have found that you get 3G on the main UK roads/motorways/large urban areas and 2G outside that. The 2G coverage is on O2 network so plenty there; I'd imagine Orange will use their own 2G network outside 3G coverage and thus elimiate the 3G-2G call dropping.

Reply to
Conor

This is quite unlike how the NTL system works and what they say in the user policy, which has been unchanged for a few years now. Maybe they're planning to change the entire basis of the system but I haven't seen anything about that myself.

In particular they don't have a monthly quota.

There is merely an arbitrary daily download limit of about a gig and you have to exceed this limit on three or more days in any consecutive 14 day period, i.e. you can horribly "abuse" the system one day each week and nothing will happen.

Even if you do use the bandwidth flat out for longer, the threat is for them to contact you and attempt to educate you as to what they don't like, not just disconnect your service. And, frankly, that's a lot of bother to be going to so I wouldn't expect them to bother unless you actually are "making a difference".

I think it is worth comparing these things, though.

I'm seeing a figure for Plusnet bandied about which says 1 gig in a month is excessive, I don't know if that's written into their policy, but it is a bit pitiful.

By comparison, on the NTL service with, say, a 3 meg speed, you can download something like 190 gigs of data a month *without* abusing the service.

Even if you do qualify for "abuser", you continue to use the service until they attempt to educate you about it, i.e. not a capped monthly bandwidth limit and nor is there a financial penalty to drag you up to a grand for your bandwidth bill this month, or whatnot. E.g. like Dan's sandwich, I bet that could have gotten expensive very rapidly, seeing as it wasn't limited to his download speeds.

Reply to
Questions

Yes, I particularly iked all the flak I got when I decided to go for it and do it. You know, all the "inside six months you'll be back here begging for your old job back" stuff. Errm, no I didn't, in fact quite the opposite they called me and begged me to go back, and then when I suggested that I simply turn up as a contractor turned down my offer. Then employed another contractor, then called me again and begged me to go back and eventually had me back as a contractor at several times my usual contract rates to sort out the fuckup made by the other contractor.

I love it.

Twas on a Monday morning the gas man came to call...

Reply to
Steve Firth

Errm yes, just did.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Sadly for Ronny common insult is not actionable as libel. Accusing someone of illegal activities is.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Its not that shriveled :(

I cant see his posts anyway, I wont sue for stupid comments. and I've heard worse

Reply to
Ronny

My favourite time is when doctors,accountants and other professionals realise your earning potential and have that odd look of wonder/shock/horror/disbelief in their eyes......or the bank manager. Yes, that has to be the favourite.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

I am just giving my view.

Just because you are wrong does not mean you cannot have an opinion. If I were to tell you to STFU and stop posting to usenet because other people dislike you - that would be quite silly.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

I can forward them on if you wish.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

The 1Mb service will have a monthly cap of 5GB The 2Mb of 30GB and the 3Mb 40GB

Reply to
Depresion

in news:1go4v8n.d0og3m1ef25yfN%%steve%@malloc.co.uk, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) slurred :

LOL. You, sir, are a pompous arse.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Thanks.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don't see that on the Register, but I can find someone saying something similar at

Note that this certainly isn't from NTL, and it is speculation and based on taking the most restrictive figures. NTL generated quite a lot of negative opinion by going public about a 1GB bandwidth limit while other ISPs were operating them without talking about them.

It may turn out that way, but I certainly wouldn't want NTL to think it's settled and people aren't bothered by it, particularly 5gb on the dial up service, it's a really poor quota even if this is the pikey service which started life as a 0.15 megabit "broadband" and still has that sort of monthly fee. I'll believe it when it happens.

Reply to
Questions

in news:1go6gpv.zwuz1b5loaosN%%steve%@malloc.co.uk, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) slurred :

No,no - thank You.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I could have sworn the singular of the above word was spelt "Apostrophe".

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No, I insist, thank you.

Reply to