(ot) FAO ADSL users.

You're the one who said Plusnet couldn't afford it.

So in fact you can afford it as the other 99.7% more than pay for the bandwidth the others are using.

Reply to
Conor

That depends on how the bad publicity effects the rest of the customer base. If I were on Plusnet despite the fact that I probably don't use enough bandwidth to be moved you could bet I would be finding a new ISP.

Reply to
Depresion

Someone who claims to have killfiled someone else, but cant resist peeping between his fingers?

You really a a discredited sack of shit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You'd wet yourself.

It doesn't seem to have given you any advantages. You can't even stick to a promise.

You were talking bollocks. Still are, because you made no mention of Google in that post.

The only thing I need explaining is how come something with a brain as small as yours isn't turning over soil with the other earthworms.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Piss myself more like *laughing*

Reply to
Ronny

I find losers who tell lies and make half-arsed threats on usenet to be so amusing.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Prolly written on a post-it on the monitor....

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

It is written in blue plastic strip across the top of the windscreen ;)

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Ironic post ?

Do I need to point it out ?

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

That must be from the drip tray !

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Plusnet == Small company in Sheffield.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Oh yes. I do some work on systems that are supposed to be very secure. The passwords are completely random, use random capitalisation and numbers, they are all very long, not to be found in dictionaries and are changed everyt few days they are thus presumed by the administrators to be nice, safe, secure passwords.

In truth no one can remember them so they write them down, on post-its as mentioend, in notebooks, in PDAs, etc, etc. So the security goes out of the window.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The reality is that if access was required that much, they would just ask the person who had the passwords for them. Most people would hand them over without a second thought. I know I would.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

I'd like to think the likes of Gerald Ratner learned the hard way by committing a series of commercial faux-pas in the past, not least labelling some of his own products as 'tat', or maybe it was 'crap' - I'm sure Google will clarify which.

You've attracted customers with the promise of an uncapped service... and now you're looking to cap them, if I read things right.

So what if they're a minority hogging the bandwidth - they're only using what the contract your company presented them with in the beginning, promised.

So you don't *lose* money...

Excellent... in that case, you've no need to cap the heavy users on your network then, have you...

Reply to
JackH

Yes.

No.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Oddly enough, I was threatened with severe punishments when using a government computer system because I made that point. I indicated that the best password cracking device was a set of boltcutters.

After a couple of digits most people would have handed over their passwords.

For some reason gummint people didn't want to have to think about this.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Correct but they wish to dress it up:

a) By trying to make out that these users are "bad" in some way. A tactic Plusnet used in the past. b) By trying to claim that what they are doing is not a "cap". Except of course it is a cap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don't see anything Half Arsed about it, you have enough of my details, contact me by phone and I will give you my home address.

I have still received no solicitor letter, or any correspondence, So I would say "your" the one with the Half-Arsed threats, Chump

Reply to
Ronny

actually no it's a cracking pint. :o)

Reply to
Mason

how many employees/customers would make us a big company?

We're not a massive ISP but we are certainly not "small"

Reply to
Mason