(ot) FAO ADSL users.

One for Ronny's archive of anti-Steve Firth posts that he can quote in future.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Exactly.

When there's no 3 coverage, it falls back to o2's network.

Reply to
Nom

ONE PERSON !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

I think you'll find there are PLENTY of people on that list - you have, er, a bit of a reputation.

Reply to
Nom

Mine rings/emails you, "We've had a complaint from the RIAA/MPAA etc about a download of yours. We don't monitor block any ports, although there has been traffic on some of the better known standard ports, we would have expected traffic on non standard ports if you get what I mean, we don't care what you do with you line, but have to let you know, just a word in your ear".

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

So block off all ports barring 119,25,80,8080 then.

Reply to
Conor

So its capped at 1GB then therefore not unlimited.

Reply to
Conor

Nobody did a "!!". Did you mean "stop that"?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ours is more paranoid than that.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

There is a massive oversupply, installed capacity exceeds demand. Just because one supplier isn't buying more than it needs doesn't mean that the capacity does not exist.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So you host for a bunch of criminals. It doesn't mean every high bandwidth user is a criminal and your experience says npothign about the users of a separate ISP.

Reply to
Steve Firth

a) Repeating or even giving a link to a libel is of itself libel. b) "It's usenet" is not a defence. c) I wasn't referring to the matter that you refer to anyway. d) Get a clue.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Other than being the most broken newsreader available and a handy trojan gateway. Only a k*****ad would run it from an account with administrative priveliges.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Rather proves my point then.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Why would I do that ?

I don't give two hoots what they do with their connections - if they wanna infringe copyright, then it's fine by me.

As long as they aren't hogging the whole pipe to themselves for excessive periods of time, then all is well :)

Reply to
Nom

Yep - as are almost all Joe Publics who use big chunks of bandwidth in their houses. My Joe Publics are no different to Plusnet's Joe Publics !

Which has infact been my point all along...

I didn't say it did.

It does however mean the VAST MAJORITY are criminals, myself included.

Are suggesting they get a completely different random userbase to my random userbase ?

Reply to
Nom

So ?

This is USENET. If it's pissing you off to the extent that you feel the need to involve the scum-of-the-earth (namely, lawyers) then just go and do something else instead !

Of course it is. It's of 0% importance, and nobody takes anything seriously.

Then why did you respond to Ronny's specific search quote, with "Would you care to provide me with the address of your solicitor so that I may serve papers on you?" ?

Are you saying that you were replying to Ronny's search statement, with a reply to a completely different statement ?

This is usenet - no clues are required here.

Reply to
Nom

As long as none of the faults interfere with me, then that's just fine. I couldn't give two hoots what it's doing "behind the scenes".

I've never had any form of virus/trojan infection on any of my Windows PCs, and fully expect I never will.

If you get infected, then something was very wrong with your security setup !

Why ?

Reply to
Nom

How so ?

Reply to
Nom

Yes.

They sell it as Unlimited, complete with a fair-use clause.

It's obviously legal, or they wouldn't be getting away with it so publicly - PlusNet could do just the same.

Reply to
Nom

(raises hand)

Reply to