Re: Audi TT engines?

Hehe, of course it is. I get less wheelspin than in any of my old 8V or 16V vauxhalls.

lol, no. Taken many of them. Plus I had a Cav GSi and a Cav V6 before the 620, neither compare.

Apart from the Elise (and it has to be said, comparing a Lotus to a Rover doesn't really do anything for your credibility, heh) these are all modern cars that will maybe keep up or match it in a straight line.

And when the ti was launched, 10 years ago, tell me - how many of these cars were actually available... :)

Then you can also tell me one that can be picked up for just a few thousand pounds for a 3 year old example such as mine was, and has aircon, electric windows and sunroof, twin airbags, pas, abs, torsen, leather, 16" alloys, etc, etc...

Probably for the best, you haven't even mentioned a single direct competitor for the 620ti yet, you seem to think it's some kind of sports car.

Reply to
Lordy

^^^

Not sure you needed that bit ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

It's a MkII Mr2 that, according to this webpage, has less power than the ti and has slower performance figures.

Not a bad match on 60 timing, but look at the 100mph march, just a fraction off of a whopping 21 seconds ffs - that's amusing as f*ck and nearly a good 5 seconds behind the Rover :)

Reply to
Lordy

Not quite quicker than the Ti then like the other guy said....

Reply to
Dan405

Seen that supercharged one they're working on bring to production ?

Apparently with 280bhp and a serious weight saving programme to bring the lard down to 3 or 4 tonnes they can manage to get the new Vectra to crack 0 to 60mph in single figures :)

I want a Phaeton :)

Value of them is dropping so much I reckon in 6 months time or so I should be able to get one at the same price I picked my ti up for, heh.

Reply to
Lordy

It has twin airbags, side impact bars, etc. What more do you need ?

Apart from good crash test results of course, an area where it's slightly lacking ;)

Reply to
Lordy

I'd love one of them. Only consider the W12 though - that is one nice engine. Only one on Autotrader (search done only a few seconds ago) in the whole of the UK is a 3.2V6 model - 220bhp Auto underpowered s**te - not for me. A nice W 12 in 3 or 4 years for next to nothing - maybe.....

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Imagine trying to park the bloody thing....

Reply to
Dan405

Slightly? LOL ;)

-- Chet

Chet

You gotta remember something.

Why does that make the TT crap? The majority of people aren't gonna take their TT round a track and thrash the shit outa it. They aint even gonna turn the ESP off either. Sure they might wanna boot it every now and then, but for the most part, it's got good acceleration and lots of grip, and mostly your not gonna thrash it to death. Sure it might not be the most thrilling thing ever, but like I said doesn't make it shit. Just depends what you want. Some people like fast cars, but aren't quite as enthusiastic as you guys on here.

Well, thats what I think anyway!

Reply to
Andy R

Fair enough. Whilst not bad at all, the 600 isn't renowned for excellent handling. But if it was only a slightly twisty road, keeping speeds in excess of

60mph, the TI would leave em for dead. It excels at illegal speeds.

But they're all a generation behind. Irrelevent of outright pace, I wouldn't want one ! You lose the modern safety, build quality, ride quality, quietness, etc. etc. The SAAB T16 wouldn't keep up - it's down a fair bit of power. The newer ones are extra lardy, so still wouldn't keep up.

And are all at least double the price, for an equivalent car. As has been said before many times on here, there's NOTHING to match the TI for the money.

Reply to
Nom

"Protection for the driver's pelvis was rated as good"

At least my nads will survive, that's all I'm bothered about :p

Reply to
Lordy

Personally I don't think it's crap, I just hate the image it's become associated with.

Reply to
Lordy

Forget that, wait a couple of years then get a Toerag for a tenner. £41800 new, 19.1 mpg combined (and I bet you never see that much) 310PS. Gotta be the quickest way to throw money down the drain. I reckon only the diesels will hold value.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Don't think so.

V6 Mundanos and Cavaliers are dirt cheap these days. Pug 406 V6s and SRi Turbos are pretty cheap, too. Even the Vectra V6 is getting close.

Reply to
SteveH

Nom

Nom

YUCK.

They're HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE things - almost as bad as the Porsche Cayenne !

Reply to
Nom

...and offer nowhere near the performance.

And I said "an equivalent car" - you can get a mint, 4-year old TI, with f*ck all miles, for f*ck all. That doesn't apply to Mondeos, and doesn't apply to Cavaliers for obvious reasons !

Yeah, this is about the closest you can get really. But it's a fair bit heavier, and you don't get the TorSen diff.

Huh ? Both of which are underpowered, and not even nearly a match for the TI !

Reply to
Nom

Maybe not in terms of outright power. But the Pug definitely has a much better chassis. I'd even say that the 'mkII' Vectra is better handling.

Reply to
SteveH