Re: Audi TT engines?

Reasons being its faster than Ti i assume :) ?

Reply to
Dan405

No, he was riding in a shopping trolley........i mean, Corsa.

Reply to
Dan405

Was he watching Taxi while taking drugs?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I AM the Queen of USENET

Rachael

MX-5?

Reply to
DervMan

Okay, well I take both points of view.

However, the TT has been sold as the sporty drive that it's not . . . at least, it is to a lot of people, but to an enthusiast, it's unpredictable.

Mind you, for some people, that makes it a challenge, but I like the predictability of knowing which end will give way first!

Reply to
DervMan

No you're not, thats Vamp! ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

hee hee sorry Vamp! Maybe I'm just a duchess then. Or a vestal virgin. I don't know, I am just a noobie, in over my head etc. etc......

Reply to
Rachael

with steel wheels of course!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well i suppose Vamp is technically Queen of uk.rec.cars.modifications, so i suppose that means you can be Queen of Usenet, your highness.

But I would declare you're a vestal virgin with people like Ronny about!!! (he has issues ;))

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Vestal virgin? Now we're talking lads :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

yep, thats him!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Eh ?

According to Parkers, it's just pre-2000 models that are shit slow, the later models have more power and can apparently manage it in about the same as the Ti. Doesn't appear to have a substantial amount of extra power tho, and the kerb weight is a whopping 1485 kilos (well over 100 more than the Rover).

Reply to
Lordy

Which is proof of Queenship if ever there was, heh.

Reply to
Lordy

You rotten buggers!

By the way, I'm spoken for :)

Reply to
Rachael

That doesn't stop a lot of women :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I think he was saying that according to your figures the 406 is faster than many lighter cars with approx the same power (probably less torque though)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I planted my 75 at 50mph up a tree (rover, not alpha) and walked away, doors still opened, car intact and rebuilt. I think the 600 has a lot less metal and is somewhat less crashworthy.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Blimey - you got home quickly!

23:04 . . .
Reply to
DervMan

Heh, maybe you could get together with the chap who compared a Lotus to the Rover. I'm sure that you could come up with something between the pair of you :)

Wasn't aware that point was in any doubt.

Reply to
Lordy