Re: Audi TT engines?

I'd be very surprised, as the chassis is nothing to do with the 5 series according to the people who were involved. iirc there was an article in Evo a short time ago.

They could be lying I suppose, but why would they want to - it would lift their profile rather than lower it :)

Reply to
Lordy

Yep. In ten years the 10yr old quick family cars to own will be AMG mercs, V8 5 series, T5 volvos etc. Rover have nothing, Vauxhall have nothing, Ford have nothing.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I was comparing with my 75 - 1160 kilos 'wet'.

Reply to
SteveH

AMG Mercs are too expensive/relatively rare to be in the same affordability bracket, even in ten years. Fast Mercs always hold their money - even an old

190 Cosworth Evo still fetches a few bob.
Reply to
Jamesy