Re: Friends, Northerners, Scotsmen, Scousers, help me out here!

Maybe so, but it's a hassle I'd rather do without.

You seem to ignore the fact that as unenforceable as it might ultimately be, it'd still potentially involve lots of bank charges, letters from solicitors etc etc, in the mean time. Would you happily accept payment, knowing that something like that might happen, and if it was to, that Paypal specifically don't cover you under their seller protection policy for the type of goods that you've sold, meaning that it's inevitable they'll chase you for the negative balance on your account a lot sooner.

Some people's ignorant attitudes never change....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The only bit that screamed run away was the fact that paypal offer approximately f*ck all in the way of protection for people taking payment for something that's to be collected, like a vehicle, via paypal.

I really couldn't give a toss how someone's getting the money for buying something - it's something I've got no control over anyway. What I care about is getting the money, without the risk that it'll get taken back off me again.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Like Ebay? Who have been known to naru people for it.

Reply to
Depresion

naru?

If it bothers you so much, as it seems to, given the sheer volume of posts you seem to have dedicated to the subject, why not do the "morally correct" thing and run along to eBay and report me? I've got far more things to worry about in my life than having to create a new eBay account. Fact is, I very much doubt they'd give a shit, as it's not costing them anything in lost revenue as final value fees for vehicles are fixed anyway. So there's a good lad, hop back on that high horse you came in on and gallop back out of town......

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Not A Registered User.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

They would also naru you and blacklist your address. It wouldn't surprise me if they also contacted various credit rating companies and put in a complaint about you owing them money. By the time you got that lot sorted out you probably would be denied credit due to drawing your pension. The idea is to make not paying back what they consider you owe them more trouble than it's worth.

Reply to
Depresion

There's no such thing as a safe way to get the money form someone who's out to con you. There's plenty of fake POs about, bank transfers can even be faked and reversed, counterfeit cash isn't hard to get if you move in those circles, and there is always the possibility they turn up in a car with false plates and baseball bats.

Reply to
Depresion

It's like being fired from the band.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

They blacklist your house now so that's not an option for you.

Reply to
Depresion

I've never known what that's like - all the bands I've been have thought the sun shone out of my arse.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ah and we just think that's where your posts come from. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Exactly. This is the point I would get across. Lordy seemed to think that because the online contract that every Paypal user agrees to might be a little hazy in law, that they would just lay back and do nothing. I don't believe that is the case.

All too much hassle. Now I've been made aware of the potential hassle of doing something like this through paypal can be, I'd rather just not bother, rather than fight through the courts, and come out the hero with increased blood pressure. I've got an unhealthy enough diet as it is.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Really? You must be an expert when it comes to credit reference agencies, because here was me thinking things like that only happened when one defaulted in some way with respect to a credit agreement, not broke a relatively minor term or condition on an online auction site. But I bow to your superior knowledge, and I'll be sure to let you know when the alert comes through from Experian to let me know.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'm telling ya - it's one productive arse.

I don't even share a lot of what comes out of it with other people.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Are you still in any of those bands?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No. Does that mean you win?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Especially when you think the majority of these cases will be in the £100-£500 price bracket, enough to hurt your bank balance but not enough to make it a big enough deal that most people will fight.

Reply to
Depresion

No Ebay are blacklisting any address (by building so flats and offices that share the same building are effected) of any account that they have closed to prevent people just setting up new accounts. It was discussed in depth on uk.people.consumers.ebay earlier this month. They have been having a big crackdown on people who violate the T&C lately (though seemingly ignoring the fraudsters as normal). Hence why I posted to warn you about the fact you are breaking the rules.

Reply to
Depresion

I'm going to stop you there, I'd like to point out that this is the 2nd misuse of the word "effect" I've seen in this newsgroup tonight.

That will be all.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Feel free I can e-mail you a copy of my dyslexia report (that resulted in me getting loads of free stuff from Uni, if only I had lied and told them I didn't have a PC I'd have got a free laptop as well) if you would like. (First I need to find it and scan it though)

Reply to
Depresion