TFT MR2 heaven

Why would he ?

I'm running slightly increased boost on my Turbo car, and I too haven't touched the internals - and I have no intention of doing so !

Reply to
Nom

not having a pop at him or you , just seems that engine modifications should include some modification to the engine (if listed as such) and not simply to the control systems or induction plumbing.

Reply to
Glenn

The keyboard interface (standard PC type) is a serial type of dealy - there is a microprocessor inside the keyboard which sends out a two-byte code (known as a 'scan code') every time a key is pressed. The serial pin is pin 2. The other 4 pins are a ground, a +5v supply, a clock line and a reset line.

In principle it would be very easy to make a simple keyboard replacement, with the buttons you require and the scan codes stored in an EPROM and clocked out down the serial line. Unfortunately, the PC also sends some control instructions to the keyboard (e.g. for setting the num/caps lock lights and the repeat rate), and if it doesn't get the right responses you will get a keyboard error.

It's not too difficult, if you have access to some basic PIC / micro development gear. If all else fails, you could always use a STAMP basic device, I would think.

Ah. Um. Dunno anything about bluetooth, except that it is an area of spooky telekinesis type dark magic, avoided by those who value thier sanity. In any case, you could look at:

general keyboard interfacing gubbins. They are kind of doing everything the other way round, but there's enough info to figure everything out, I think.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Yeah, I did wonder about facilities like num lock and caps lock.

Should suit me then :-)

I may well check this out at some point - I'll remember this, along with the link Carl (MeatballTurbo) posted as well - cheers for that mate.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Fair enough then :)