That Labour party election broadcast tonight.

The period when they suffer from such problems is just ending.

Reply to
Brimstone

Yes, one of the roads shown was only half a mile from my house.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

How on earth would you know???

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Since when?

Why?

Reply to
Conor

You missed out the additional 719,000 "civil servants".

Reply to
Jeff York

[...]

It's you who need to approach clumps of heather carefully, Brimstone is right, it *should* be "internationally"; the broken old UKofGB&NI does none of its constituents any favours any more...

Alistair J Murray
[...]

Don't do that, try to sack the incumbent - keep those politicians

*worried*... :)

Alistair J Murray

I thought they were going to lay all those off to save money and make them re-educated, or differently disabled or something.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Thing is, I deplore what the BNP stands for, but I reckon that while it would fail due to various EU laws, it is actually the only party that actually believes what it says, and thinks it would try to do it, even if it couldn't.

Makes a mockery of politics when the only party that you can trust is effectively the nazi party.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

since when they made the law to make it illegal to sell plates that wern't the size listed in the littl ebook unless they were specificly designed and allocated "show plate" status

it's also so that plod don't have to work to hard when they are pointing hair dryers at us to catch us being that 0.001mph over the speed limit (the same speed differential lorries tend to have when overtaking each other on the M26 :/ )

and if you get done you can lose your number plate printing license or the like

there was a big report on it in this weeks auto express, you can have them made up with no hassle in scotland, but in the britain bit you need to show your full papers (unless ordering over the internet)

Reply to
dojj

the thing that scares me is that i posted and was right! yikes!

is getting plates that hard? i still have the rear plate for my long gone MK1 MR2 in my room, got it hanging in memory *wipes tear*

Reply to
Vamp

I did vote UKIP as a 'protest vote' at the county elections once.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

So who do *you* suggest I should vote for ? I've more time for Lib-Dems than the other 2 main parties but I'm not impressed by their local offering.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Sooner or later I hope that falling polls will get at least some kind of message out there.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Maybe that's how they got to power in Germany ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I thought they were there to run the country as they see best. This will occasionally involve making unpopular decisions, as what's best for the individual is not necessarily best for society or the quality of life as a whole. Of course doing what the people want as much as possible is desirable if they want to get voted in again.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Lea

Yes it will. That no one gives a shit and Tony can have a dictatorship. Well Done. You are still an arse.

Reply to
gazzafield

"According to the DVLA the only suppliers that need to be registered to

supply plates are those in England and Wales, AFAIK suppliers in Scotland aren't and can still supply plates to anyone.

"Who is exempt from the Register" "Number plate suppliers located entirely outside England and Wales." "

Ok ready follow me on this...

A Number plate , to be a legal number plate has to meet the correct BS standard.

If a plate does not meet the BS standard it's not a number plate.

If it is not a number plate , the supplier is not supplying number plates.

If the supplier is not supplying number plates they do not need to be registered.

I would suggest that the "show plates" are actually simply signs and should be treated as such.

Reply to
marcwales

marcwales ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah. And that's why Halfrauds need the ID in Jockland. *ENTIRELY*

Reply to
Adrian

You vote. It is your choice were. If need be, you spoil the paper. All spoilt papers need to be counted and verified. If all those not represented were to write none of the above on their papers, it wouldn't have made a difference, but it would send a message. And while the outcome would be the same, at least it wasn't through apathy.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2