That Labour party election broadcast tonight.

Oh, BTW, locally, could only vote LibDem, Labour or Green. Tories didn't even bother with a candidate in our ward. No chance of voting lieing labour, and I don't want my car turned into a garden planter, so the greens are out. I guess I had to vote lib dem. nationally I did agree with a lot of their policies, even though they tend to be locally "as bad as all the others put together". Better the devil you know.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

They are there to represent the people in stopping her majesty getting out of hand. Strangely, this government has done nothing for society, but everything for itself. Jack straw's son let off with drugs charges, and his driver not charged with speeding, Ewan Blair not given an ASBO or spot fine for drunkness, Prescott paying for sex through the Civil service pay system, Mandelson chasing brazilian rent boys on "Fact finding missions", Blunkett using ministerial expenses to pay for his tart to travel, fast tracking his tart's nanny a passport, and continuing to live free in the paid for accomadation he had as a minister, even though he is not any more.

I can see how all that really does show it was done for the good of the nation.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I reckon Tony's days are numbered anyway.

FWIW I used to be nearly 'religious' about voting btw.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Only because people are still willing to speak up and be heard although their numbers are dwindling.

Reply to
gazzafield

You read the Sun, don't you?

Reply to
Brimstone

Adam Lea ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Best for who?

Reply to
Adrian

Wouldn't touch a red top. Nor the Daily Wail.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Hmmmm, so how come your rant could be taken from one (or more) of their editorials if you haven't been brainwashed by them?

Reply to
Brimstone

I don't read the tabloids either and I concur with all that. I could also add Bernie Ecclestone's 'bribe', Mandelson's *double* resignations, Ron Davies' misdemeanours on Clapham Common, Henry McLeish's financial irregularities, Jo Moore's exploitation of the 9/11 attacks, the Hutton inquiry, Tessa Jowell, cash for peerages, 'student flats' in Bath, seven grand hairdos, cheap flights on aircraft of the Queen's Flight, free holidays. Oh yes, and the small matter of the illegal war in Iraq.

Reply to
Halmyre

Duh. The people with money, of course.

Reply to
PC Paul

In what way are these individual's lapses in any way different from the way that the rest of the population behave? Are you perfect do you not grab opportunities when they arise?

Reply to
Brimstone

Because what he ranted was essentially the truth?

Reply to
Jeff York

The examples that he quoted all appeared to be factual.

Reply to
Jeff York

But was it the whole truth?

Reply to
Brimstone

But what constitutes "the whole truth"? "How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin?" maybe?

Reply to
Jeff York

I didn't say they weren't. To repeat, were they the whole truth?

Reply to
Brimstone

Yes, I've been dragged into loads of illegal wars.

Reply to
Halmyre

No, there were huge chunks missing.

Reply to
Halmyre

The whole truth may be a bit advernturous. How about some balance then?

Reply to
Brimstone

How about some snipping?

Reply to