That Labour party election broadcast tonight.

As far as I'm aware there's no requirement for truth to display "balance"... It needs merely to be truthful. :-)

Reply to
Jeff York

Thank you for stating the blindingly obvious, it's reassuring that someone can still recognise it.

Reply to
Brimstone

And they are always sending me bills from Labour head office for my number 3 all round the side and flat on top, and telling me to stop being such a chancer, normally after escorting me of Blairforce one.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

How many people in the rest of the population. How many in government. Per head they seem to be taking advantage.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Really? How many people do you know who don't "take advantage"?

Reply to
Brimstone

My pleasure. One endeavours to be helpful. :-)

Reply to
Jeff York

Depends on whether taking advantage is considered bending the law, or outright breaking it, or abusing a position of power. most people I know are generally law abiding. Problem with politicians is, they not only have to be whiter than white when clamping down on "Crime", they have to be seen to be whiter than white. And ATM, this lot aren't even in the running for the DAZ doorstep challenge, other than they are happy airing their dirty laundry in public.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Were the previous lot any whiter at the same stage in their tenancy?

Reply to
Brimstone

Similar thing happened to a father of a friend of the missus. Didn't top himself, but having bought legit stuff mail order, was sent "Samples" from another company. It was dodgy, didn't interest him so he binned it. Later, the same knock, the company that sent him the dodgy stuff had his name on a mailing list (bought from the first company) and they were raided. He eventually was cleared of just being stupid and not taking the first sample to the police. The shit stuck though. Just about ruined him, cost him his job, and his marriage.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Not by much, but I reckon so. They were either less criminal, or less stupid in getting caught. Either way, it is what is seen that matters.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I'm not aware of spoilt ballots ever being considered as protest votes in this way.

If there was a genuine 'none of the above' box to tick, that would be different.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Not an official protest vote, but spoilt papers are all looked at and seperated and the reason for spoiling, along with the number of papers is recorded. Those that are ambiguos (cross might between two squares) Those with multiple crosses. Those that are just scribbled over. Those with a legible words on.

If enough people wrote the same message on a spoilt paper, they would have have it recorded.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I'm not a politician. I'm not required to be transparent in my business. But it was a damned sight more than any of them would disclose willingly.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2