Torque Steer

Tell me about it.. I get horrendous amounts of torque steer on my Micra. It really is a pain I would like to change the LSD to a better one as I think it would help somewhat..

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Because it makes you look cool, plus you get to drag the conversation onto RWD - which makes you look even cooler.

But normal sane people who aren't still stuck in the 1970s realise it's not a problem and can even be fun.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Its terrible.

I know of several (UK) of FWD cars that make it into the 11's

Reply to
Ed

Depends on the turbo. Not many of them are using the Stock mitsu on the

9000 Aeros. I know the bloke from Scotland has a T62 and a 4" intake. To get in enough air, he removes the indicator, when trackdaying. Well, the
GT30R turbo helps in this one's case. Along with 750cc injectors, and a 4" intake, four branch exhaust manifold, ported head, external wastegate, 3" downpipe with sports cat, 3.5" for the rest of the system, and the Maptun custom map. This isn't just a bolt on filter and tail pipe you know.
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

But it is drivable.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Well no lsd will give you the least problems, and the skinnyest lightest wheels/trres/brakes! Probably not good though!

Reply to
Burgerman

750cc would not be enough for 590bhp unless you were running insane fuel rail pressure. I have maxed 720s out lots of times on GTI-R's running much less power.. And indeed maxed out 1000cc on an Evo, running 1.7 bar (that thing went like something else)..
Reply to
Ed

So is a horse and cart. They dont handle well either. But at least they have oversteer rather than under!

Reply to
Burgerman

Fun? In what way? bit like a faulty power steering pump I had in my Granada scorpio. It kept deciding to turn right and left when it felt like it too!

Reply to
Burgerman

No, I dont want less grip haha. N2O however does significantly make torque steer worse I do have to say..

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Not sure about on the 9000, but the hot trick for budget fuel pressure uprating was to take a standard FPR from a lucas equiped injection car, and fit it to a Bosch turbo model. The Bosch equipped turbo models came with either 2.4 or 2.6 bar FPRs. the Lucas non turbos models used a 3 bar regulator. I would imagine that as standard Bosch equiped 9k's used similar, with aeros using maybe a slightly higher fuel pressure.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

There's Maestros and Novas that do it quicker.

12.02 Maestro, 11.4 Rover 200

Can't find the link for the Nova but it an 11s.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Even with a LSD RWD can sort of torque steer too, from the back end if you plant it on a slip road with a wheel on the slippy white paint they use for the 100m long give way line.

Peter Hill

Noooo thats not steer in the steering wheel tug sense but a satisfying minor change of direction thats easy to control.

Reply to
Burgerman

rule of thumb power bhp = duty cycle x injector cc/min x number of / 5 =0.85 x 750 x 4 / 5 = 510bhp. (0.85 is a nice safe duty cycle)

increase fuel pressure power = original power x square root(new pressure/old pressure) = 510 x (3/2.6)^0.5 = 547bhp.

Go mad and risk it with higher duty cycle, will need to run up to

91.5% to get 590bhp. Possible but dicing with det. Injectors have been run to 95% but it always ends in tears, a rebuild and installation of yet more upgrades.

Peter Hill

But not as much fun as spinning the rears :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Because spearing off the road and crashing into trees is a bad thing.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's Received Wisdom. You always have to be emphatic when redistributing it.

Reply to
Mark W

Is that the gulf colours V6 turbo? I know the one.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Never said it was, but RWD is not an available option for most people unless they are willing to drive something old and shit.

Reply to
Lordy.UK