Torque Steer

I suspect it's just that these RWD types haven't got the skills to drive FWD....

Reply to
DanTXD

Yep unfortunately.

The non interested masses got their marginally cheaper grocery getters.

The rest of us have to choose very carefully.

Reply to
Burgerman

But I would have already got out and walked. Its maybe "better/faster" but u=its still horrible.

It only matters if you a) REALLY can drive b) you know the difference

I do.

Reply to
Burgerman

No. The MASSES average, my mum, the neibor, the guy that just past his test are the masses. Most people see cars as just a method of getting about, getting kids to school, groceries etc.

People that actually like and understand cars are NOT the average user.

No its perfectly true. The fact that you dont see that tells me you are short of understanding the shortcommings!

Thats the marketing bullshit! Who gives a toss... Make the car a bit bigger if its such a problem!

Exactly. But as an enthusiast I DO care. And as a contributor to a car newsgroup you should too.

Reply to
Burgerman

No suit needed. FWD is for grannies and working mums...

Reply to
Burgerman

....and therefore heavier.

Reply to
DanTXD

But the transmission tunnel goes down middle! Nobody needs that bit anyway! You dont sit in middle!

But even if you did make it a bit bigger/heavier it would still beat a wheelspinning fwd effort on acceleration. And it would go straight! And with less effort!

Reply to
Burgerman

What, like this?

DanTXD

The Mini and Rover 75?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are comparing an old banger to a new banger. Of course the new one is better.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That's a MINI and a Rover. You'll be saying the X type is a Mondeo next.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Dose anyone know the average price for a new car sold? We can compare a FWD and RWD car of those prices if you like.

Reply to
Depresion

The difference there is ones tuned and driven properly and the other , well, isnt! Put same driver and same tuning effort into both cars and then see the difference.

Reply to
Burgerman

The average cost of a non-business new car is £14.5k, IIRC, but I have no idea what the standard deviation on that might be.

I suppose that might almost get you into a bottom end 1 series? Or you could do the sensible thing and get a caterham :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

It's a gay man's mondeo.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Here you can buy a Commodore or a Falcon (RWD V8 optional) or a FWD Nissan Maxima or a Mitsubishi 380 for around the same money. RWD small cars have all but disappeared.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

LOL.

Like the Celica and the Mazda 6 though and the MGZT does have a strange attraction for some reason I cannot fathom.

Reply to
Conor

I was going more for perception of the brand.

Reply to
Conor

Caterhams are too small if you want to get cold and wet get a Vento and put a

350ci in it.
Reply to
Depresion

Might be a little difficult since Luego went bankrupt.....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)