Torque Steer

But the RWD one is still more powerful, and you said it would still win if it was heavier. Also, if RWD was /THAT/ could surely it wouldn't need a special driver to hoof it in a straight line?

Reply to
DanTXD

Perhaps in a four only seater.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But neither were powerful. Both were underwhelming tarts handbag type cars. Not enough power for front drive to have problems with. I could pedal that fast.

Now find me the fastest front drive drag car! If it can run 3 second 3000 mph quarter miles I will agree its a great plan.

Front drive works great the less power you have, the worse driver you are, and the less you care about cars.

Reply to
Burgerman

Well, that argument doesn't work, because it wouldn't be as quick in a straight line if it worked the worse driver you are. Launching a powerful, light FWD car like that Micra would take quite a bit of skill and experience not to just light up the fronts. Yet the Supra, which any numpty should be able to launch, has over 100bhp more, and has the RWD advantage yet still loses... Obviously, we're not talking about drag cars because they have no relevence to the original discussion. Unless you'd like to move the goalposts a bit?

Reply to
DanTXD

Find me a RWD car that will run 3000mph 1/4s.

Reply to
Depresion

Yawn... Powerful??? Oh dear.

Yet the Supra, which any numpty should be

Yes wel it would if my gran drove it. How do you know that it was even running properly, testing something etc? You dont. Both times were crap. Took about a week.

Obviously, we're not talking about drag cars because they have no

All front drive cars torque steer. Even gutless old minis. Physics dictates it.

So where is your argument?

Reply to
Burgerman

Err oh. Obviously that would be 300... I dont proof read.

Reply to
Burgerman

But you said RWD was always better regardless of power. In this case the Supra had *more* power, and still lost, even though you said even with more weight RWD was quicker....

But you said that no matter what the power RWD was always better.

I was arguing that RWD wasn't as superior as you suggested. It's up there.

Reply to
DanTXD

Thought gay men were known for taste?

The X-Type looks like it's hit something and awaiting repair.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nah, it's a Jaguar Granada.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Whenever I have to take 5 in a car, I always use the 156, you can, in theory, take 5 in the 75, but the f*ck-off big tunnel running down the floor makes life uncomfortable for everyone in the back.

The advantage, however, is that it's a convenient place to rest your elbow if you're the driving.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, the average. Also known as the overriding majority...

And the fact you think it is so tells me that you aren't taking this particularly seriously.

They do that anyway :)

I never said I didn't care, I said that RWD is hard to get hold of nowadays unless you are willing to compromise on your choice of car by buying something s**te.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

*ding* is the appropriate phrase, I believe :)
Reply to
Lordy.UK

The only reason not to buy a ZT is that MGRover don't exist any more so values and future maintainability are suspect.

The ZT and 75 are great cars, sitting between the old 3 and 5 series in size, being competitively priced, the 75 was refined, the ZT an impressive handler - proof that a good chassis can be set up to do either task (the 5 series and the E class being other similar examples). The Engines were great (scuppered by the lack of super-diesel and no big motor until it was way too late), we all know about the overheating design fault on the 1.8K but the

2.0 and 2.5V6 were very refined and lightweight.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It is...

In this case the

How do you know it had more power. And in any case power to weight is whats important. It could well have had a crap driver too.

It is. But obviously you still need to drive it. My gran and that supra were cruising...

But everything else remaining the same rear drive is ALWAYS both faster AND nicer to drive.

Reply to
Burgerman

3s and Cs are a bit everyday, but still most people spend heavy on the options list and turn them into something nice to be in and look at. Cloth / small wheels / manual / 4 cylinder buyers deserve everything they get.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Isn't that the S type?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Obviously that should have been rwd! :)

Reply to
Burgerman

Hey, most reviews mention that, whatever the flaws, Rover/MG products did at least handle well!

In fact (not that this is a recommendation), wasn't the Maestro one of the most popular cars to steal because it could allow the miscreants to evade the police?

Reply to
Halmyre

Ford Mondeo Ghia 'Jaguar'...

Reply to