Vista

Umm hmm... care to give the ISBN of one of these books?

[snip]

No you didn't and they weren't. No more than I am involved in Ford cars.

No, I insist please show me where I made the claim that you allege above.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That's shit.

Compilations: Born To Be Wild (Disc 1) 1-01 Born To Be Wild.m4a 1-02 Rocks.m4a 1-03 What's The Frequency, Kenneth_.m4a [etc...] 1-18 Inside.m4a 1-19 Walk On The Wild Side.m4a

Which is exactly what you say you want. All the tracks unstalled into a folder of the album name under "Compilations". It's the same with every compilation album.

Which begs the question, what the f*ck are you doing poking around in there? There's absolutely no need, and it's probable that fiddling around with the iTunes library is going to balls up the storage of files or at least (in Windows) causing problems finding files since the Windows concept of filing sucks - no filehandles.

Of course it's only really a problem to the sort of tool who buys humdreds of compilation albums. I which case complaining about sound quality is most amusing since compilations always have heavy dollops of compression applied to them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Are you on some mission to be as wrong as possible about everything? Or do you believe that the French annexed Ely?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Gosh, just like you made up your shit about Microsoft being involved in CP/M.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What is this 'buy' you speak of? ;-)

Reply to
JackH

I currently have a Bold. It has 3g, video (which I seldom use) and is smaller than an iPhone. I previously had an SE880i, it's smaller than almost anything, has 3g, video, IMAP idle and other useful stuff in a tiny pocketable phone. No battery life issues either.

3g phones haven't been large for a few years now. The iPhone is quite big, the wife has a HTC diamond which is smaller than the iPhone and just as usable, has Opera mobile, does email, video, 3G, and has a user changeable battery with a high capacity option.

The reality is this: Apple launched the most usable smartphone for the consumer, it does just work and work well, responsive UI, only crashes about once a month in normal use (no more than an ordinary phone) and has all the functions most people wanted - email, phone and organiser. Then they launch the 3g and people upgrade. They will continually evolve the product in order to keep a market, and the hardware will always be as basic as possible to make it profitable.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Same here.

Not always true, but in the case of pop / dance music compression huge compression is the norm.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No idea where the f*ck I got France from.

Reply to
Conor

It's not a phone at all. It's tenuously described as one but its basically a Touch with added phone capabilities. It is basically a PDA.

I'm quite sure that a lot of iPhone users would like to send MMS.

Reply to
Conor

ISBN 0-944601-78-2

Shame the hisory books disagree with you.

You've snipped out the part where I did just that.

Reply to
Conor

In the UK, yes, perhaps although I haven't sent or been sent an MMS for about 2 years so me, and everyone who regularly sends me texts clearly couldn't give a flying f*ck.

I don't hang about with a bunch of iPhone users mind you, so maybe they miss it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It was their second biggest market?

One of the Tansoft adventure games asked you to answer questions in cod-French?

Reply to
Steve Firth

"CP/M was an operating system for microcomputers developed in 1973 by Dr. Gary Kildall, a brilliant software engineer."

No mention of Microsoft acquiring, developing, contributing or otherwise beign involved in CP/M.

[snip]

No they don't. Not even "Lexikon's History of Computing"

No I haven't, you have not shown any such thing. You have made an allegation and have failed to support it other than with the hand-wavy "stannsareasondunnit" argument.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Not here it doesn't. Set the preferences appropriately.

Although it's all bollocks since the albums are appropriately organised in iTunes and there's no need to use the Finder/Explorer to go looking for them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Possibly because, IIRC, Oric ended up being owned by the French after they went bust the first time.

The second time they disappeared off the map completely as I understand it.

Reply to
JackH

No. The first take over was by Edenspring (British). And Oric hadn't gone bust at that point, in fact they seemed to be doing rather well having met the sales targets that Edenspring insisted on before spending close to £6 million.

Their French distributor bought up all the inventory of stock in May

1984 in return for rights to use the Oric and Atmos names in France.

Eventually the French distributor became the sole manufacturer in August

1985. There were some shenanigans and it seems likely that ASN engineered the bankruptcy (the only one) of Oric in order to take control of the intellectual property. ASN never purchased Oric, they did twice buy up inventory of equipment.
Reply to
Steve Firth

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:31:01 +0100, Steve Firth spouted forth:

Strangely, I've only ever seen one iPhone. I liked it a lot, and it's on the "to get" list. Usuability seemed pretty good to me, my o2 contract is up soon so I might just get one.

Most of the techies I know have Blackberries or iPaqs, but that's simply because it what work gives us. Those that have neither have Nokia N95/6 which are ok, but poor quality and not great to use IMO.

Does anyone use it? I don't even know if mine has it

Me. Occasionally. Usually when I've spotted some weird car and want to send it to my brother.

Never used a HTC. Blackberry classic style (8310, 7920, Bold etc) are ok as a business email device but that's it. The new blackberry storm is

*s**te* beyond belief. The N95/96 aren't that bad but they could be a whole lot better built.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:34:38 +0100, SteveH spouted forth:

One thing I like is the disk management in Vista and the ability to resize partitions.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Chicken shit tastier than dog shit."

Reply to
Steve Firth

For what I wanted / needed from mobile devices at that time, it was absolutely fine.

Brilliant for email IME, and in that respect, the battery life vs email efficiency factor was vastly superior to anything with Win CE I've tried since.

Reasonably adept at surfing the net as well, with pretty well thought out key activated browser shortcuts making that side of things quite slick (IME) too, once you got familarised with said shortcuts.

I wasn't fussed about taking pics or listening to / watching media with it.

Had I had a real burning desire to be able to use this kind of thing with it as well, then yes, I can see there are alternatives out there which would do the job better but quite possibly at the expense of some of the other functions which it did well.

To summarise as I have in other threads this week, just because you personally prefer something else, it doesn't necessarily mean that something else 'utter s**te'.

Reply to
JackH