Latest threads in Car Modifications - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Now this isn't on
I spend 14 months building a 300bhp Saab 900 Aero, my Old Boy decides he fancies a new car and buys......... an Impreza WRX Sports Wagon then has the audacity to ring me at work today and ask what...
2
2

I finally bought one.....
No, really, I have ;-) Just picked up a really clean, original Alfa 75 TwinSpark. 150bhp from an old-school 2lt 8v twin-cam ain't bad at all. And the correct wheels are driven, too ;-) 108k miles,...
101
101

Re: Hurrah
Seriously? Shit... My cars a 10 year old Pug, and nothing rattles, now matter how far i push my 300w of Pioneer 6x9's :) Guess some cars just don't have as good build quality of old french cars... --...
6
6

petrol disappears !
After my pinto /weber carb'd Hawke has been standing for a few days, it takes an age to start up due to petrol having presumably drained back into the lines / tank. I know this is a reasonably common...
5
5

Re: Web site for car and wheel possibilities
And in other news Oliver Haslam is quoted as saying: If they don't fit under the arches the gearing isn't really a problem :) What car is it? What size wheels and tyres are on it now? What size do you...
5
5

*ping* Dervy and Vamp - It's official...
...guys shouldn't name their cars and MR2's are gay/for hairdressers :) Top Gear says so ;) Not that we didn't all know that already... -- Dan
8
8

Re: Another day, another shed
Oh yeah, I know I can do that, but it's really pissed me off as I have to wait _another_ 3 days for new forms to be sent out. And _that_ is definitely a bit dodgy. Heh. I was caught out by my bank...
3
3

Southend last night
Went to southend on me own last night as the imoc MR2 people couldn't be arsed to meet up even though they said they'd come. anyway found some MR2 people on the sea front to chat to and about a...
3
3

Nova 2.0 litre 4x4.
So here I am with a donated Nova 1.2 and wondering what the hell to do with it when my eye catches my mates rotting non MOT'd but excellent mechanical condition Cavalier 2.0i 4x4 sat in his garage....
31
31

oi lads
having a bit of a meetup tonight in Chelmsford in the Riverside car park and maybe a quick drink at the riverside inn while we're there. was posted in the imoc events but if you have a jap car then...
2
2

RS 1800
Im tempted :)
27
27

Diesel Tuning
Spoke to VanAaken yesterday regarding tuning the Astra DTI. Apparently increases are (from >> to) Power 100>>125 bhp, Torque 170>>210 lb ft (hmm, yummy). It is an in line unit, attached to the...
5
5

Metro Bonnet
Anyone know where I can find one thats green?
4
4

Diesels, EGR, and cack
I had the engine management warning light come on a few times recently in the Astra during urban driving. I guessed from the pattern of it's coming and going that there was a problem with the EGR. I...
4
4

careful when selling stuff on ebay
always reset the setting on anything electronic especially mobile phones as you might get a e-mail like this :) "Phone works with my SIM OK. I've already got the manual from my phone which packed up....
3
3