98er Cobra Stut Tower Brace in 99+

Hi,

I am searching for a strut tower brace for my 2000 GT and a friend of mine has one ripped out of a 98' Cobra (OEM part). Do you think, it will fit? He has to ship it through Germany to me, that's why I can't try it before.

Thank you, Blumi

Reply to
BB

I'm not sure, but I just looked at the Steeda site to see if there is a difference and they have models list for 98-2000 GT but a different one for the cobras. My guess would be no it won't due to differences in the hood and intake system layout. As for bolting to the strut towers and firewall it would probably is the same with the rise and shape being different..

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

Factory strut tower braces weren't installed on any '98 Mustangs, Cobras included, so the bar in question is probably a '97.

Unfortunately, I can't verify that it'll fit either way. I'd guess yes, but it's too hard to say if it'll clear the intake track without modification.

JS

Reply to
JS
** Hi, ** ** I am searching for a strut tower brace for my 2000 GT ** and a friend of mine has one ripped out of a 98' Cobra (OEM part). ** Do you think, it will fit? ** He has to ship it through Germany to me, that's why I can't ** try it before. ** ** Thank you, ** Blumi

The shipping cost from Germany will cost you more than purchasing new here in the States.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

:-) probably, but I live in Germany, too. But what you say isn't wrong, because if I would purchase it from Steeda for - say - $140 and let it FedEx over the ocean + taxes + customs, I'd have to pay around $280 to have it here at my door.

Thanks, Blumi

Reply to
BB

Thank you for your answers! I think, I will take the risk and let him send it to me.

I'll let you know the result.

bye, Blumi

Reply to
BB
** :-) probably, but I live in Germany, too.

OOOOhhh! Okay, gotcha! If that's the case, give the OEM part a shot. I thought you lived in the U.S.

It's Friday: more wine!!!