Latest threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Seatbelt light malfunction
I've been having a problem with the seatbelt warning light in my grand am. The light goes on and off even when the seatbelt is properly fastened. I think theres a short somewhere, is there a way to...
1
1

Grand Am high speed cut out
My 2002 grand am cuts out of gear on it's own when it hits a certain speed. I'm assuming this is done by the onboard computer, is there any way to override this?
4
4

Inexpensive boost in performance?
Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any relatively inexpensive ways to get a slight performance boost in a Grand Am. I'm currently driving a 2002 Grand Am SE...
3
3

classic Pontiac project cars!
Only 2 months old and doing great! For the person who has old project cars that can be resotred - OR - for the person looking for a project car to restore... We're hoping to further our resources to...

Car cuts out on road!
Hey everyone, I have a 1992 Pontiac Sunbird and within the last six months, when i drive it sounds ok, but when i start to slow down, it starts to shake and then just cuts off all the way, when i turn...
3
3

Sunfire - no low beam
Hi I am having a problem where I have no Low Beam High beam works fine Tested fuses and they are all ok Dashboard 'headlight symbol' light flashes to indicate there is a problem. Any ideas ? thanks in...
7
7

Strange Starting probs w/ GP GTP '99
Here's my situation. My car does not start. When I turn the key, it acts like I've lost all electrical power. Dead. The battery has a full charge. If I turn the key back to off, the interior lights...
6
6

Dash lights out! Help!
I have a '97 grand am and I have overlays on my dash, which blew my light bulbs. How do I take my dash apart to replace them. Also, how do I take the overlays out without breaking the needles.
2
2

Sunfirec defrost
No air flow from defroster, and when upper dash vents selected, most flow on passenger side, very little on drivers side. Is this an easy adjust, or does it require major dash dismantling?
1
1

96 GrandAm thermostat
I have been told that to replace my thermostat, a $5 part, the shop would have to take my engine out; and, the labor would be between $600 and $900. Is this true?? Please help me here, I do not have a...
3
3

great

2000 Grand Am longevity
I have a 2000 Grand Am, 6 cyl, 85,0000 miles, that I have had since new. I've been happy with it so far. No problems except replacing the water pump twice. I'm trying to decide whether to put a few...
19
19

CD - Cassette adapter stuck in radio? (1990 Grand Prix)
1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE. Tried to use the CD - Cassette adapter for first time today. Have never had any tapes in the radio before. I put it in, and now it appears to be stuck in there. Doesn't...
1
1

94 pont. bonneville - OBDI with 16 pin ALDL
how do you check trouble codes-is there a way to jump pins and read SEL?
1
1

Grand Am start problem
my o4 Grand Am quite often has a tough time starting when i turn the key to crank, the engine turns over but car wont start, and the engine quite often will continue to turnover even if i let go of...
1
1