An inconvenient Truth (OT)

Jeff, I would have hated to miss your messages about the happenings during the hurricane(s) a year or two ago. We got to know you, good points and with other topics, some bad points. I have opened myself to the same comments with some of the threads I have started or jumped on to. Through this I have "met" many friends and shared thier joy and agony. Since discovering the retired military and Republican NGs, I have tried to avoid being involved in antagonistic political threads on this group, except when I can add something to correct a misconception about how things work.

I expect that others have gotten quite upset at some of your topics that include "crotch shots," but I don't see them complaining about them on your thread. If Pat's going to come out with something you consider "far left," you can be assured that someone like Barry will come up with something from the far right - even more "right" than most of yours. Hey, that's life.

You might have noticed that I did make a plea for shutting this one down about a week ago, even suggesting the limit of 200 messages. I think that yours was above that mark...

I still love you..... and Barry.......and Pat.

Karl Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
midlant

Thanks for the note. Yep, You are right. I do post a lot of OT stuff. Humorous anecdotes, stupid jokes, interesting websites, historical non-Stude articles, tool related stuff, personal injury through stupidity, and other similar stuff. What you won't find me doing is starting post's on politics', religion, and The Great Pumpkin (I learned that from Linus).. My weather related post's from a couple years ago was in responses to questions asked and to let my local friends know about what was up, as far as weather goes. Not global warming, cooling, sunspots, etc. To me, this forum is for entertainment. You want dry technical info... Go to the SDC site, or the ASC site, or the AOAI site. Or politics. You are right. There's a forum for everything. So why drag it over here? Even if the desire to share is genuine.. Why here? It's because there is a desire to have people read and respond to that particular way of thinking. Personally? I could care about someone else's way of thinking. Let's share experiences and stories, and leave the politics at the door. It's hard, real hard, to not reply to some threads, or a dumb comment, or an outrageous statement. But we can all laugh at ourselves, can't we? It's only vanity and pride that paints our online personalities. Your post's share a lot of background and history. That in itself is neat. I like all the guys on the ng too.... My background is so full of broken drill bits that I make the Tool Man look like an expert Jeff (Ask me about my daughters' wedding shower and my workshop today ) Rice

Karl wrote:...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

snip

Holy Toledo... You didn't &$#^#@$ screw up the plumbing, did you???

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

No... That part was fine ... The wife hosted the shower, and I hid out in my workshop. I had as many guys show up out in the shop as there were wimmen' in the house. Glad it's air conditioned! Jeff (Danged good thing I had stocked the cooler out there ahead of time...) Rice

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote... Holy Toledo... You didn't &$#^#@$ screw up the plumbing, did you???

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Hey, Jeffers, how 'bout that wedding shower and your workshop?

Reply to
Dave's Place

Don't know about the shower... Us guys were out in the shop working on stuff and telling lies Jeff

"Dave's Place" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

'You can buy me a beer, then buck off! Now I'll have this song in my head for a few days.... Jeff (That s#!t aint right...) Rice

"Dave's Place" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

LOLOLOL Funniest thing I've heard all day.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Have you read that report?

Reply to