My new Daytona

As I mentioned in an earlier post (VERY good Studebaker weekend), I just bought the red '64 Daytona convertible that closed Friday on eBay. I have talked to the owner and have exchanged emails and it sounds like a VERY honest car. It turns out that he recently sold a very nice '64 Cruiser to another NGer who is very happy with the car and gave the seller very high marks. The poor fellow is moving due to a job change and had to sell the two cars. The car is sort of strangely equipped. It is a 289 with a two-barrel carb and single exhaust, manual brakes and steering, but has reclining buckets, Powershift and a clock. Pix at:

Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Looks like a winner Paul. That car is really sharp. I'll bet you can't wait to get it home. Tim K.

Reply to
GTtim

Paul Johnson

Reply to
John Poulos

Congratulations Paul! What a beautiful car!!!!!!!

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Paul,

Looks like a nice car.

My 64 Daytona was South Bend built also. I always wondered how many were built there in that short year.

Mine was also strangely equiped from the factory.

259 V8, 2-bbl Carb, 4-Spd, Manual steering & Brakes, Wheel covers, 6.67 Firestone WWT, AM Radio, and Climamizer.

It was Laguna Blue with Metalic Tan interior, and a White Top.

It is now Bourdeaux Red, with Red Interior. It now has Power Steering & Brakes, Bucket Seats, Console, 4-bbl, Dual Exhausts, Aluminum Flywheel, & Electronic Ignition. Hopefully this year it will have 3.73 TT and a rear sway bar.

It started out as a nice car. It has evolved into the Studebaker I couldn't order when I graduated College.

Geno

64 R2 Avanti

64 Daytona Convertible

Reply to
jeep4cyl

Gene - I have a listing of 1964 convertibles as; 484 domestic, 206 Canada and 13 export for a total of 703.

Reply to
studegary