Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1992 Subaru Legacy Wagon 4WD Transmission Problems No Reverse
I have a 1992 subaru legacy and the transmission will not move at all in reverse and when in drive it does not shift properly. Stays stuck in the gears before shifting and downshifting. Anyone know...
2
2

Dash Lights still dimming at Idle......more
Well if anyone remembers I had an alternator failure, ended up replacing the alternator and battery. Well at idle when I applied the brake pedal, my interior dash lights, headlights, etc would dim. If...
11
11

clutch shudder fix?
A local newspaper auto column mentioned this device in response to a question about Subaru clutch shudder. any one here care to comment on any experience with it regarding cost and effectiveness?...
14
14

How important is PCV valve?
Yesterday I replaced the PCV valve in my 98 OBL, probably for the first time in over 60K miles. The old one wasn't stuck but it did have a lot of crud inside, and the outside of it was pretty rusty....
6
6

Subaru "Added Security" Extended Warranty Plan?
Has anyone evaluated the Subaru "Added Security" Extended Warranty Plan? I just received an offer from Subaru to extend my New Car Limited Warranty (3 year, 36K Mile) with their "Added Security" Plan....
9
9

Twitchy Subaru Forester handling - is it just me?
I am encountering some handling issues and trying to figure out if its normal? Its a 2002 Sub Forester S, has abt 27M miles - running Geolanders - they appear to have worn fairly evenly. (I bought the...
6
6

2014 Forester select switch Q
I have been over the owner's manual several times and can't find the answer. Next to speedometer there is a "select" switch and I can't figure out what it is selecting. It looks identical to the trip...
6
6

Anyone change H6 serpentine belt pulleys?
Got those bearings changed out Sat. morning. Went fairly well overall. The old bearings were noticeably rough feeling.
6
6

Free Subaru PDF manuals
Sorry it this is a repost but I stumbled across these: someone here might appreciate having them.
2
2

Increasing the compression ratio on EA82?
Hi all, I'm in the middle of rebuilding an EA82 carb engine, and I'm interested in increasing the compression ratio. The engine as it stands has a 9.0:1 compression ratio, and the handbook recommends...
18
18

Flooded Forester?
The other day I received a phone call from my wife. After running an errand, she had returned to her 2014 Forester and it wouldn't start. She was in a parking lot only a little over a mile from home,...
10
10

Partially engage parking brake?
Just to verify, there's no way to partially engage the electronic parking brake on an Outback, right? I was just reading some information about handling emergency situations in cars, and it reminded...
8
8

How long do you want to go on your modern synthetic oil?
Depends also on how much trust you have in your oil filter. I wouldn't trust my OEM Honeywell Subaru blue filter, supposedly made by Fram, to go much more than 5k miles. Opinions vary. Here is a...

4 Vs. 6 Cyl Outback For 2014 ?
Hi, Will be getting, probably, a 2014 Outback when they become available. Was wondering: How popular have been the 2013 6 cyl versions ? Any idea of the % of the 6 cyl's sold compared to all the 4 cyl...
4
4

Torque specs needed for 03 Outback strut R&R
As stated; I may change the struts myself on my wife's 03 (Legacy) H6 Outback.(it has fairly low miles but one of the rear struts is leaking oil.) I have some numbers but they appear to be for WRX. I...
18
18

Acute engine failure in 2001 Forester with 135k miles
My wife's 2001 Forester ran all right for a week after the right side head gasket was replaced (the left side was done six months ago). Then, while she was driving on the parkway, as she told me, she...
9
9

Are Head Gaskets that serious of a problem on Subarus?
I have a 94 legacy and have had little problems with it. I am thinking of getting a newer model maybe a 2000 Outback but I read all over the net about headgasket problems. Most of the outbacks I have...
12
12

Adjusting parking brake for impreza wrx?
The parking brake handle of my 2002 wrx needs to be tightened due to brake wear. I think I read somewhere (perhaps subaru manual) that the adjustment is at the two rear brakes. If that is true, how do...
2
2

Forester and EZ Pass
Just got my new 2009 Forester. I have EZ Pass here in PA but I don't want to go mucking up my new windshield with adhesive strips to mount the EX Pass transponder. Has anyone tried placing an EZ Pass...
4
4

Timing Chain Game
My '03 6 cyl. 3.0L Outback has only 30K miles on it. Should I be replacing the timing chain? I don't expect to reach 60K miles for at least another 5 years. What's the rule for low mileage Subies? Al
11
11