Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

where is the other fuse box on wrx?
I blew the cigarette lighter's fuse by plugging in a bad adapter in a 2002 impreza wrx. The main fuse box is on the driver side under the hood, but that is not where the blew fuse is. I believe it is...
4
4

Pros / Cons of Replacing 92 loyale with 92 legacy
Hi, I've owned a 92 loyale 4wd wagon for the past 4 years. We've used in for camping and trucking our two little kids (under 3yrs) around town. I bought it at 218,000km and now it's 272,000km. No...
9
9

FWD fuse on 95 impreza
I just got a 1995 impreza 2.2L. I like it a great deal, but I am hearing conflicting stories from the original owner and others about if there should be a fuse in this block and what it does. the fuse...
3
3

Forester issues with vehicle speed control / surging / high idling
I am contemplating buying a 2007 ForesterXT sports auto. I test drove the vehicle and like it. But I have read some disturbing things about a surging problem, at least in 2006 Foresters. According to...
2
2

Windshield cracked from defroster?!
I's been a wee bit cold here the past couple days (singkle digits, -20 windchill). I was sitting in my 2001 Outback yesterday evening letting it warm up. I turned on the defrosters, windshield wiper...
9
9

Replacement seat cushion question - 99 Outback
I have a 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon with grey cloth seats. The driver's side left thigh bolster seat cushion foam is completely degraded from getting in and out of the car. I can feel the heavy...
4
4

handbrake turns off daytime runing lights - can it be disabled?
Dear all, Does anyone know exactly where the relay is which turns off the daytime running lights (DRL's) when the handbrake is applied. I live in San Francisco which is, as you probably know, pretty...
2
2

99 forester loosing oil and smoking PLEASE HELP!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE AND OPINIONS Ok i have a 1999 subaru forester with the 2.5l sohc engine. It has 79,000 miles on it and i just baught it a couple weeks ago. In the 2 weeks i...
12
12

Transmission Control Module (TCM)
I have A 1995 Legacy wagon. I am looking for the location of the Transmission Control Module (TCM). Also looking for the location of the Idel Air Control Valve. Appreciate any help. TOM
1
1

'99 Legacy Outback Limited - what's the ACS switch for?
About to buy a one of these and while test driving it, I noticed a button on the moon roof control panel that I believe said 'ACS,' but the owner didn't know what it was for.
8
8

Ticking/Clicking Noises on 06 Outback 2.5i AT Wagon
Hello everyone, I have a question for fellow Subaru owners out there. My car (06 Subaru Outback 2.5i Wagon AT Non-Turbo) is less than 1 mo old and the car makes an intermittent ticking/clicking noise...
2
2

EJ20 Engine CAD drawings
Hey all, Anyone know where I might be able to find some CAD drawings of the EJ20 engine? Thanks, Sarah
1
1

Yikes... Reversed Jumper Cables!!!
Ok... I have lots of excuses... I'd been working 70 hours a week for a month... it was 6 am... it was foggy... it was dark and my flashlight batteries were dead... my jumper cable red and black are...
14
14

Clunk and groaning noise from rear when I accelerate from stop
I have a 2003 Outback w/ 75K, automatic transmission. I bought it used- have had it for 5 months. When I accelerate from a stop, there is a groaning noise coming from the rear (axle- tires) area. It's...

Cruise light blinking, why?
The other day on my 2004 Legacy H6 Wagon (the new model with built-in navigation) I had the "CRUISE" light blinking continuously (+- right side, below the RPM disk). The functionnality was also...
5
5

Japan Subaru headquarters contact
Hi, I am looking for a address, phone numbers or other contact with Quality Assurance or Customer Service (or equivalent) departments in Subaru headquarters in Japan. To make the long story short....
16
16

1991 subaru overheating
i have a 91 subaru legacy lsi and it overheats different times but i replaced the thermosat and the manifold gaskets but it still is overheating could it be the wate pump is bad? But my car is not...
5
5

Subaru Legacy vs Volvo S80?
The local Subaru dealer tries to convince me dat Subaru's (Legacy for instance) are much more reliable en has much lower running costs than my current '99 Volvo S80 TDi. I make about 40k kilometers...
4
4

P0710 Trouble Code -- Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor
2003 (US) Forester XS For the last week or so, (ever since it got very cold here in Virginia) I've been driving home on the highway and a couple of times each day, the Forester will seem to hunt for a...

2005 Outback: Cramped gas pedal?
Is there anything especially cramped about the 2005 Outback's gas pedal or is it typical of small cars with a transmission hump?
7
7