Face The #1 Fact About Gas Prices

But the Ranger is a _small_ truck, not a 3-4 ton monster favored by phallically-challenged Viagara addicts.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

"larry moe 'n curly" ...

As Coyoteboy would say, sometimes people really need the larger trucks for hauling things. They often have a very economical vehicle that they use many more times vs. the few times they use the gas guzzlers.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

The vast majority of those who own big trucks here in Phoenix use them as their primary vehicles and never carry anything larger than a big screen TV in the bed, thus wasting gasoline that other truck owners need.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Be careful. Someone's gonna ask you to prove "vast majority", even though you see it with your own eyes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

" As Coyoteboy would say, sometimes people really need the larger trucks for

And if they were really bright, they would buy a trailer instead of a guzzler/compensator.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

"Roadrunner NG" " As Coyoteboy would say, sometimes people really need the larger trucks

But you can't haul some stuff with a small vehicle/trailer combination - at least not properly.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Home Depot rents pickup trucks. For a lot less money, you can rent a u-haul truck for a day. $29.95. I wonder if that's cheaper than using a 15 mpg pig as your everyday vehicle for a year.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

Actually, I mean people who haul things on their jobs, such as lawn workers.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

That's different! People like that (or carpenters, etc) have an actual need. But, my 80 year old neighbor who drives a Chevy Avalanche - no way. The guy hauls 3 bags of groceries.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Wickeddoll" ...

That's why we kept the Sienna. It still pulls the trailers (the utility one and the popup). Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

But I wouldn't give up my beloved 87' 4Runner for anything. It's loyal, it got 20 mpg 20 yrs ago when gas was a buck a gallon and it still gets

20 mpg :-) I look at the bright side-I'll STILL be driving this 87' 4Runner in another 20 yrs (oh yes I will) while the 2007 Fords & Chevys are stacked up in salvage yards all across the US. Just turned 250K miles on mine and the engine is just now broke in. Oh, and my auto insurance is only $200/year total. Amelia
Reply to
Amelia