Losing control of the fuel efficiency debate

I think Josh's point was that too many people buy large trucks for reasons that make no sense, and "Just because I want one" makes no sense to the welfare of the country as a whole. "I need to bring home sheets of plywood or bales of peat moss sometimes" is bullshit, because you can rent a U-Haul for $35.00, which is much cheaper than the gas you'll waste in a year with a large truck. "It's safer to drive and better in snow" is bullshit.

But, the worst bullshit is seeing sending more, rather than less to Saudi Arabia, whose government supports madrashes - schools that train aimless men to become terrorists and kill Americans.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

they can't afford to buy 2 vehicles maybe?

Reply to
Picasso

Can you elaborate on the part where I'm supposed to choose a vehicle to buy based on whether I block your view? Taken at face value, it sounds ridiculous.

Bill Putney

Reply to
theMan

Who told you to say that?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If one has a wife and a few children and can only afford one vehicle, they buy the particular type of vehicle that suits the needs of the family. Buying a less safe midget or small car to save a relative few hundred dollars in fuel, or to save the planet, is not an option.

Reply to
Mike hunt

There's nothing in between midget car and a tank?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Do you believe the Camry is a tank? Buyers do not want midget or small cars, it the did Toyotas best sell would not be the Camry ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

The tank would be the large pickup or SUV, professor.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You mean like those sold by Toyota, the part of the product line that has shown the greatest sales gain over the past ten years? Those tanks? ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

Never mind. I forgot what I was talking to. You.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

hten there are the idiots that buy a toy yoda for gas mileage, saying that american full size cars do not get good mileage.

Reply to
Tom

The car was originally rated at 17/24, then revised to 15/22, and you're getting 33?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Which motor in that F250?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sounds like my dad's claim about his 02 4WD Navigator. He says he get 35 mpg. Ha.

Ha to you, too. If the Crown Vic could get that kind of mileage on the highway, Ford would be raving about it all day long.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Which engine in the Crown Vic?

Reply to
F.H.

What's the diff? There's no engine for that model year that'll touch 33 mpg unless you throw a chain around the bumper of the semi you're tailgating. :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom