Losing control of the fuel efficiency debate

Of course. Particularly the "this is your brain on drugs" frying pan commercial.

Reply to
witfal

One more question, and then we get to the heart of this issue. There are rumors that FDR used his mouth to utter words which urged many Americans to make certain sacrifices during WWII. I believe these rumors are true.

Do you?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You'll have to be a bit less cryptic.

Reply to
witfal

"As the need for steel and other resources increased, American citizens participated in rationing programs, as well as recycling and scrap metal drives."

Do you feel FDR approved of these things, and perhaps expressed his approval at any point during the war?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'd bet he did.

Reply to
witfal

I think remote starters should be banned.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Good! Now, what if another president with an actual set of balls used his regular radio or TV time to say "Listen, it's time we faced the obvious and admit that we need to make better choices. Next time you're shopping for a car and you're leaning toward an SUV, do you think you can at least evaluate whether you actually need one? If you need one for the size, does it have to have 4WD, for instance? Is there anything you can do to make even a small incremental difference in the amount of fuel you use?"

Or, would a pleading president smack of government control, according you idiots like My Kunter?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why do you believe it is your business if somebody prefers an SUV over a minivan? What to you drive?

Reply to
Mike hunt

What make you believe fuel mileage is the primary reason one buy a vehicle?

As to a V8 vis a v a V6. I own both and here in the mountains the average mileage is around the same although the EPA difference is four miles per gallon.

Reply to
Mike hunt

You never saw me say that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You never saw me say that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It appears you are jealous of the fact you can not afford a 'bigger' vehicle ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

What vehicles does witfal own?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The last time the President asked the people to do the right thing and help save their own Social Security the Dims crucified him.

Reply to
Mike hunt

True but we 'saw' what you posted

Reply to
Mike hunt

Sure we did

Reply to
Mike hunt

Is there some reason you can't post your nonsense in a fashion which matches the way the entire western world reads?

Onward: There have been times people listened to what a president suggested. WWII was a perfect example of this, although you aren't aware of the details.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Again you answer a question with a question but do not answer the question asked of you.

Reply to
Mike hunt

I have never suggested what you mentioned. Not once. If you disagree, which you will, find the text that proves your point and post that text, surrounded by quotation marks, in your next message.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You mean like internment of Japanese Americans?

Reply to
Mike hunt