Losing control of the fuel efficiency debate

It's petty of you to judge people according to their incomes.

Reply to
rantonrave

That was in the 1980s, and the effort was bipartisan and the plan approved. A much more recent proposal for reform was rejected, as it should have been, since it was fiscally unsound and much more costly than the current system.

Reply to
rantonrave

Or ASSume that one doesn't drive a 2008 vehicle because they can't afford one. LOL.

Me? I'm planning on the near future purchase of a 1997-99 BMW E36 M3. Nimble, fast, and no heavyweight compared to the E46. Even better would be an E30, but finding one without rust is nearly impossible.

There's something about the earlier M3s that the current nearly two-ton monsters created by Chris Bangle. The guy really should be shot.

Reply to
witfal

That should have read "...created by Chris Bangle can't equal."

Reply to
witfal

Nobody who strongly supports today's Patriot Act would have opposed internment back in WWII.

Reply to
rantonrave

You must be completely impoverished! Like my friend T, who's got a nice Jag that's not a 2008, a BMW 7 series (2005, IIRC) and a gorgeous white Fleetwood convertible from I don't remember what year. Then, there's a mini-van for taking the dogs to the vet.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

When I was a kid we could not afford paint

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

Reply to
Mike hunt

Too bad you can't afford to get a new vehicle

Reply to
Mike hunt

Paint chips are free, you idiot. You just affirmed that you were fed paint chips.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Who is judging? He is the one objecting to other to buying what they want to buy, I could not care less what others want to buy

Reply to
Mike hunt

Try buying a new car, no rust to worry about

Reply to
Mike hunt

I have a better idea. Why don't you try what this guy did?

JoeSpareBedroom

There is nothing that is free. Obviously you are an idiot or a Dim if you believe otherwise

Reply to
Mike hunt

Really? The most expensive Ford sold lately had a MSRP of $269.000. Most sold for 5,000 to $15,000 over MSRP.

Reply to
Mike hunt

What is wrong with the Patriot Act?

Reply to
Mike hunt

If you have to ask, you need to turn off your TV for a year and read some news sources aimed at grownups.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That is the type of response one expects from of you lefty kooks. Even the Dim controlled Congress had enough sense to reauthorize the Patriot Act. The voted for the original as well

Reply to
Mike hunt

Then they are idiots, just like you, your wife, kids, brothers, sisters and especially your parents.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yup. Just scraping by, retired at age 51, having fun as a personal trainer. That's me.

Reply to
witfal

Yeah, that's it, Mike. BTW, I just sold my BMW 530i a few months ago. Reason? Too heavy, and an automatic.

Just scraping by, Mike. Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts on your way out.

Reply to
witfal