OT: Bottled Water Tax?

Vacation or traveling... where? We're not talking about countries with "iffy" water supplies, where you're gonna land up stuck in the bathroom if you drink the water. We were discussing taxing bottled water in the U.S. If you go to a restaurant in the U.S. & they ask if you'd like water, are you going to pay for overpriced bottled water, or just let the waitperson fill your glass from the water pitcher? (Guess which I choose!)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Here Cathy! I must warn you I am charging a tax on stupidity. You owe me

500.00!
Reply to
GoMavs

??? It says "post term" = after the 42nd week of gestation. Human gestation is 38 - 40 weeks, depending on how you date the pregnancy - from conception, or from the last period. So... after 42 weeks? That comes down as being an overdue birth.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Forgot to add: or else a birth a couple of weeks ago.

So...? Infanticide = "post term abortion"??

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Does it matter? The term "post-term" is pretty simple to understand. "Post-term Birth" sould be even easier to understand.

Do you need me to rephrase it, though? I can if you need me too.

Reply to
GoMavs

Yeah, since "post term abortion" makes no sense to me.

Cathy

The term "post-term" is pretty simple to understand.

Reply to
Cathy F.

See my earlier post somewhere in the thread where, since (human) gestation is 38 - 40 weeks, I said, "infanticide = post term abortion?"

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

odd enough

Reply to
GoMavs

Agreed. Bottled water and lotteries are, indeed, a tax on the vain or stupid.

Reply to
sharx35

You sound like a decent enough sort, so, why, are you a DEMONrat?

Reply to
sharx35

Really? Not according to interviews with various town officials around here.

Why do YOU believe it's false? You must have a reason.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes, I know. I was making a general statement about recycling as a panacea. Reduction of resource use should always be the first goal.

This assumes that water bottles are actually recycled. Here, there are very few public places where you can find a recycling deposit. Most bottled water is not consumed at home.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

How have you somehow managed to miss the fact that the largest selling brands of bottled water are nothing but tap water? In some places, it may taste better than the local tap water, but nobody in this newsgroup can make a blanket statement and say "It's always better than your local tap water".

Again: The largest sellers are nothing but tap water.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So that I can get discounted admission to Michael Moore's movies, of course.

Reply to
DH

So, are you going to define it & state your purpose of introducing that phrase, or just keep playing a game?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Send him to the principal's office, or get the special ed teacher to do an eval. Something's seriously wrong.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That brings up an interesting question. I've always been somewhat both amazed and amused when a Democrat (assuming you are), or someone to the left of center, owns a firearm.

If you advocated the legal ownership of guns, how can you support those who wish you didn't or couldn't?

And DH, seriously, you should drop a few pounds. I'm not saying this in any other way than out of concern. Hit the gym, do some cardio, and live longer.

Reply to
witfal

Just a guess here, but I think he meant "late term" abortion.

Reply to
witfal

You're correct, however some are filtered seven or more times using a process unavailable to homes.

If you want guaranteed 100% spring water, not a filtered public source variety, you'll have to ask the supplier. Mine comes from Palomar Mountain.

Reply to
witfal

Reply to
witfal