OT: Kennedy's Seizure...

seizures are not uncommon with alcoholics... wonder if his has to do with that...'

deep thoughts?

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Where or when was it determined that Kennedy is a real alcoholic? I don't believe he is. For one to drink adult beverages does not make him an alcoholic.

As much as I dislike his politics, I hope he recovers fully. Senator Kennedy has been an Icon of American liberal politics for the past 45 years, his passing now would surely help propel any democrat nominee to the WH.

Bad timing Ted, hang around for a while yet.

Reply to
dbu

Not sure, but along with his accident and his history of arratic behavior, red faced jaundice look... i always figured he was. I have no proof though.

As we all do. I don't wish pain on anyone.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

What makes one an alcoholic is the inability to control the amount after the first drink is taken. An alcoholic is bedeviled by the obsession of the mind and the craving of the body. The obsession leads them to the drink and the physical craving takes over once the drink is in the body. It is the obsession of the mind that must be curbed in order for recovery to proceed.

Whether Senator Kennedy is an alcoholic or not is not for me to say. He is the only one who can answer that. There are a myriad of ills associated with alcoholism and there are many more that are merely exacerbated by the drinking.

Reply to
badgolferman

Well, I am afraid the political atmosphere today is not very good for conservatives. So, McCain is trying to appeal to the fence walkers, the one's who will vote for dimmies, but might be persuaded to vote for McCain, (notice I didn't mention Republicans). The two who are running on the dim side don't look very appealing to them, they might have voted for a Gore, but these two don't make their heart beat fast. Republicans are a dirty word now to most voters, given the economy, fuel prices, etc even though the Repubs had little to do with any of those problems the voters hold them responsible because of the clever marketing and media brainwashing by the DNC and their co-conspirators. My guess, McCain will pick a popular Republican gov. from a Southern state as his running mate. This will assure that McCain sweeps the South and with that the WH. McCain may even have a chance at the big enchilada, California. Californians had their dander kicked up with this gays marrying overruled by another bunch of judges who seem to think they know better than the voters. This will backfire on dimmies in California, just wait and see. It ain't over till it's over.

Reply to
dbu

Shoot, for a second I thought this was JSB!!!

Look at his history. Maybe he's not a dependant alcoholic, but he's been drinking for quite some time. There are stories from the Boston area that would curl your hair.

Since getting remarried, I don't think his second wife tolerates the levels of drinking that came before, but he's still known ro hoist a few.

Reply to
hach

Personally I would call him one of the first of the new breed of liberal. The liberal who wants amnesty for the illegal criminals that have snuck across the border. His kind disappearing from the world would not be a bad thing. I would say the exact same about the new breed of neo conservative that Bush is an example of.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

You must also think the war on drugs is working like a charm.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Seizures can occur with alcoholics who try to detox from extreme levels without medical assistance. Delirium tremens can include the heart, and kill the person. **IF** Kennedy was drinking this heavily, and **IF** he decided to stop, it's highly unlikely he'd do so without checking into one of the ritzy rehab places so popular with the rich and famous.

So much for conjecture.

He may have a brain tumor.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reagan, Bush-1, Bush-2 and Clinton all had spooky acquaintances, both in and out of government. You should've been worrying about Paul Wolfowitz for the past 30 years, but you don't know why.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Great prediction and advice.....for the year 2000!!

Reply to
Truckdude

The more things change, the more they stay the same.....

Reply to
Truckdude

Who's ordering you to call him Barry? Maybe the man who said this?

"I always say my real purpose is to attract the largest audience I can, and hold it for as long as I can, so I can charge confiscatory advertising rates," the talk show host says.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

?? Granted, a red nose/face is associated w/heavy drinking, & alcoholism affects the liver (re: jaundice), but... "red-faced jaundice look"? Yellow indicates jaundice, not red.

Cathy

... i always figured he was. I have no proof though.

Reply to
Cathy F.

Welcome to the internet age, where generalizations are king, and words have no meaning.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Don't Taze Me, Bro!" ...

It's possible, but aging can play a role as well.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

When Wolfowitz's name is mentioned, I can only think of the appalling clip in Michael Moore's movie of ol' Paul wanting to slick back his unruly hair, so he sticks his comb in his mouth to coat it with saliva, and then runs it through his hair. Just freaking unbelievable. And this guy was a major architect of the Iraq war. Even if you practised such outrageous behavior in private, wouldn't you have the common sense not to do it while a video camera is pointed at you?

Reply to
mack

Nobody elected Paul Wolfowitz, but he exerts great influence over our foreign policy decisions, some of which suck.

Do I need to continue with this analogy, or can you finish the thought yourself?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks to the conservatives themselves.

Reply to