OT My fun with t-Mobile

Got a t-Mobile phone the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Told the salesman, this needs to work in Vermont. Two salespeople and a manager assured me it will work in Vermont.

I started my new job and being a good Doobie decided learning the job was a *little* more important than f#@king with a cell phone. So, after about

3 weeks, I notice I'm getting NO calls. THe phone does not work in Vermont!

I call Customer Care. Do this, this and this. Ok, well, I'm home. This doesn't do me any good at home. Send me an e-mail.

I get to work, and the girl behind me, who has t-Mobile, gets her NEW phone via UPS, gratis, because they sold her the wrong phone to use in Vermont. I install the SIM, fire it up, it's searching and comes up Cingular (R).

OK, let's try mine...nothing.

Call customer care. Your account doesn't allow roaming. OK, let's change the account. We can't. OK. let's cancel the account. It'll cost $200.

Wait. You sell me a phone, with an account that doesn't work where I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU IT NEEDED TO WORK, and now you won't change it or cancel it?

No, sir.

I go to where I bought the phone. Fix it! Puts me on the phone with Carlos. Carlos says I need a utility bill with my Vermont address on it. I have already tole these paople FIFTEEN TIMES I *work* in Vermont. I can send a company letterhead. OK, fax a statement on a compnay letterhead.

That was Monday. THursday I call them. I get someone else. Oh, you didn't send a utility bill. NO KIDDING! Carlos said he would accept a company letterhead. We can't accept that. Carlos said he would. He hasn't got that authority. THEN WHY THE HELL DID HE SAY HE WOULD?!?!?!

Yesterday I buy yet another phone with another company because I can see their tower from where I work.

Went back to t-Mobile today. The sales manager got me on the phone with a manager; not Customer Support, not a Supervisor. Said she would accept a company letterhead. I sant it.

Still waiting. Stay tuned...

For those that don't know this, I just found this out. This company started as Omnipoint, which I thought was fairly OK at the time. They got bought by another company that was a bunch of idiots, and called themselves something else for a while. t-Mobile is a third attempt to try and sell crummy service to people.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Word of mouth is a hundred times better than any advertisement. Next time ask around and speak to locals.

Reply to
badgolferman

Consumer Reports rates cellular phone service routinely. Check it out at the library. Verizon is always top of the line and ATT sucked. I don't know about Vermont though.

Reply to
Art

[snip]

Didn't they have some sort of coverage MAP you could have looked at??

(Satisfied SPRINT customer )

noneyabusiness

Did you check the T-Mobile coverage map before you bought? T-Mobile is rated second, just below top rated Verizon in consumer reports. T-mobile customer service is highly regarded too, but that is not always the case everywhere. BTW, when you get a phone be sure it is a three band model, because T-Mobile is in cahoots with Cingular to use some of their 850 Mhz sites. If you only have a 1900 Mhz phone you won't be able to roam on the cingular 850 sites. There is no roaming charge in the national plan.

Reply to
The beneVolent dbu

Checked the coverage area. bought a quad-band 'World' phone Asked the salespeople (2 AND a manager) Was TOLD there would be coverage and roaming. Can't prove the customer service claim by me. Most of them started getting rude long bafore I started 'asserting' myself.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Checked the coverage area. bought a quad-band 'World' phone Asked the salespeople (2 AND a manager) Was TOLD there would be coverage and roaming. Can't prove the customer service claim by me. Most of them started getting rude long bafore I started 'asserting' myself.

Sprint? After 5 years with Sprint, I became unemployed. I made small payments on the bill, but eventually they cancelled me after 90 days. After FIVE YEARS, they would NOT wave the Early Termination fee. But, I will admit, they were ALWAYS friendly, helpful, courteous, kind, helpful, thrifty etc...Very good customer service. Decent service in my area. If I ever scrape up the $750 deposit they want, I'll go back to them... :(

Reply to
Hachiroku

Verizon coverage stops one county south of mine, and Vermont is North...

Reply to
Hachiroku

T-Mobile is actually one of the largest mobile provider brands globably. They are actually owned at least partially By Deutsche Telecom. T-Mobile was originally the german national mobile network. As the services got opened up to allow other companies in, T-Mobile expanded globally as other companies moved into Germany.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Would if it were true! Minutes, unfortunately are not free after that. They're always 10 cents a minute. And of course the denominations of time you must buy ($15, $25, etc.) expire after

30 days, 90 days, etc.

Still not a bad plan. But the minutes aren't free. And they will expire.

The sneaky fine print is not on the main pricing page, but on other web pages linked to it.

Reply to
Built_Well